Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Uhtred

My word, very touchy!

28 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

To be fair I don't think his travel is that much of an issue. Brexit is a once in a generation (hopefully) thing and a lot of time needs to be spent making sure we get the least shit outcome of all the potentially shit outcomes there currently are. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

It's week-old news of course.  In total:

FOR WRITTEN ANSWER 29

The Hon. Member for Rushen (Mr Speaker) to ask the Chief Minister –

Whom he plans to meet during his UK visits in the next three months?

All visits I undertake to the UK and elsewhere are part of targeted engagement to protect and defend the Island's reputation, economy and quality of life. Visits which I will undertake in the next three months and beyond will continue to be in that regard.

As with most written answers, it's unwise to assume the Minister had anything to do with it.  Alternatively he may have been sobbing in the corner going "Nobody loves me!  Nobody wants to speak to me!".  But it's rather oddly phrased as if he's got a lot of visits booked and no real purpose for any of them.

If he's paying for the trips out of his own pocket, then it's none of our business. If we're picking up the tab, then it's a fair question. 

On a completely unrelated question, whatever happened after the fact finding trip that a previous Health Minister made to New Zealand? 

• Like 2

He's off doing behind the scenes trade deals...hopefully we can eventually swap him for a second hand fridge.

Brexit is Quayle's excuse to once again hide to avoid making all the key decisions that should have been made in 2006.

Caretaker of bloat and waste. And getting well paid for it, in a few ways. Salary, pension, grants.

Just yet another architect of the islands demise.

• Like 6

If Mr Quayle, or any other member of government, is spending tapayers money on travelling and "networking" (hem hem) then the taxpayer has a right to know what constitutes "value for money" in this context.

Trumpeting "Had an unrecorded meeting with Jim Hacker" or whatever is simply vapourware.

Frankly the IOM is so inconsequential I very much doubt that anyone of any consequence would bother with anything Mr Quayle has to say and probably cares even less....

But let Mr Quayle go before the electorate and list all that he has achieved with his "lobbying" or whatever. 

Can't wait......

• Like 4

Nor can I,  ' ’All visits I undertake to the UK and elsewhere are part of targeted engagement to protect and defend the island’s reputation, economy and quality of life,’ he said' Part of a 'targeted engagement'. I look forward to more details on what those targets are and with whom he is engaging,

• Like 1

Chief Minister in representing the island shocker.  At an unprecedented time in terms of what is ahead with Brexit. 

Isn't it exactly what he should be doing?  

Oh great the arguments are starting again. I shall pull up a chair as it could be a long night. 

Edited by hboy

27 minutes ago, notwell said:

Chief Minister in representing the island shocker.  At an unprecedented time in terms of what is ahead with Brexit. 

Isn't it exactly what he should be doing?  

Troll.

He could have at least made it all positive...instead of all that 'mind your own business' attitude.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keith said:

If he's paying for the trips out of his own pocket, then it's none of our business. If we're picking up the tab, then it's a fair question. 

On a completely unrelated question, whatever happened after the fact finding trip that a previous Health Minister made to New Zealand? 

They looked into the fact thart NZ could work perfectly efficiently  with a single chamber governmenrt. Unfortunately this was exactly the opposite of what they wanted to report back abnd the matter was no doubt buried.

God alone knows what happened regarding the review and comparison of the NZ health care system. Probably much less top heavy than our own and therefore totally unsuitable.

• Like 2