Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

Lets Walk and Cycle to Work...Patronising Twaddle

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

that comment says more about you than employers...

I'd worry that with a disability an employer is going to pick someone able-bodied rather than me as they'd more reliably get to work on time

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With that thought process it's more likely that they'd pick someone able brained rather than you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep your facts to yourself.  We all know people with whiplash, and written off cars after uninsured cyclists have rear ended them.  Happens all the time.  Something needs to be done about it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, woody2 said:

not one will have insurance to cover the damage they do to 3rd parties......

You know this - how?

my insurance covers 3rd parties...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thie Veg said:

I'd worry that with a disability an employer is going to pick someone able-bodied rather than me as they'd more reliably get to work on time

It's probably safe to assume that you get bypassed in most interviews... :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sm-iom said:

woody2 "facts" again...

Those who are members of British Cycling, which is quite a few leisure riders, do:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/_thirdpartyliability/20150727-_legalsupport-Third-party-liability-insurance--How-does-it-work--0

 

 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Keep your facts to yourself.  We all know people with whiplash, and written off cars after uninsured cyclists have rear ended them.  Happens all the time.  Something needs to be done about it.

 

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

You know this - how?

my insurance covers 3rd parties...

the link is for liability insurance ffs:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, woody2 said:

 

 

the link is for liability insurance ffs:lol:

You didn't include a link. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

 

 

the link is for liability insurance ffs:lol:

Oh, you’re saying the govt wouldn’t be liable for pothole damage if cyclists had insurance? That’s not how it works woody. I’m surprised at you talking nonsense like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, woody2 said:

then why are they suing iomg......

Same reason car drivers with fully comp insurance do - the govt is liable for the damage (provided the pothole has previously been reported and the govt has failed to repair it within a specified timeframe). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, woody2 said:

what about the compensation from iomg when they hit a pothole........

if only cyclists had insurance like other road users......

Of course if Phil Gawne was still in charge of the DoI this wouldn't be an issue as all roads would by now be billiard table smooth having been resurfaced with Departmental excess cash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Oh, you’re saying the govt wouldn’t be liable for pothole damage if cyclists had insurance? That’s not how it works woody. I’m surprised at you talking nonsense like that.

Really...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, woody2 said:

not one will have insurance to cover the damage they do to 3rd parties......

 

2 hours ago, sm-iom said:

woody2 "facts" again...

Those who are members of British Cycling, which is quite a few leisure riders, do:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/_thirdpartyliability/20150727-_legalsupport-Third-party-liability-insurance--How-does-it-work--0

 

58 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the link is for liability insurance ffs:lol:

It's worth again highlighting this great exchange. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×