Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tarne

No Cycling on the Mountain during ManxGP

3 minutes ago, manxb&b said:

Right, so no answer as to what you think I actually should do about it then?

If the TT/MGP ends because of throbbers driving like "dickheads" and ruining it for the "non-dickheads", who has more to lose?  You, the "fan" or the non-fan? 

It's your problem to solve not mine.  If it was something you are passionate about solving, you wouldn't need me to tell you how to fix it.

• Like 1

Yes as I thought, tell somebody they need to do something but you have exactly no idea what, as usual. I can see your just spoiling for a fight but tbh I'm bored with showing you up to be the fool. Have a nice day Dick.

3 minutes ago, manxb&b said:

Yes as I thought, tell somebody they need to do something but you have exactly no idea what, as usual. I can see your just spoiling for a fight but tbh I'm bored with showing you up to be the fool. Have a nice day Dick.

"wahhhh people are doing something that will ruin my fun...so I will moan about it on a forum that none of those people will read".

Your impotent mewling aside, it is interesting to see a "fan" worried that other "fans" are ruining it for them, and not just making issues for non-fans/

https://www.facebook.com/iomrpu/posts/1351272338332404

I see cyclists have been on the mountain today, tut tut, unable to read the notice banning them until Monday.  I hope they're all given an official caution or a ticket. The ban on mountain road travel to these pedal powered menaces can't come soon enough. 

Edited by Tarne
Spelling

4 hours ago, Tarne said:

https://www.facebook.com/iomrpu/posts/1351272338332404

I see cyclists have been on the mountain today, tut tut, unable to read the notice banning them until Monday.  I hope they're all given an official caution or a ticket. The ban on mountain road travel to these pedal powered menaces can't come soon enough. 

As much as I agree with the ban, they haven't published the stat doc making the regulation. I do hope they actually made a traffic order and haven't simply enforced their will without the actual legislation...

27 minutes ago, BigDave said:

As much as I agree with the ban, they haven't published the stat doc making the regulation. I do hope they actually made a traffic order and haven't simply enforced their will without the actual legislation...

On 18/08/2017 at 10:48 AM, Bobbie Bobster said:

Statutory Notice: DOI 170:

The Department of Infrastructure gives notice of the following road traffic restrictions made under Section 38 of the Highways Act 1986 and all other enabling powers.

(6) A prohibition of cycling will be imposed on the A18 Mountain Road from its junction with Ramsey hairpin to its junction with the Creg ny Baa Back Road and a person must not ride a pedal cycle on this section of road.

Full notice attached.

festival-of-motorcycling-(temporary-regulation-of-traffic)-notice-2017.pdf

• Like 2

It's delightful laughing at them in the comments and on the manx cycling pages, some sound like they are on the verge of tears because they "can't wide my widdle bwike". Revenge is sweet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tarne said:

It's delightful laughing at them in the comments and on the manx cycling pages, some sound like they are on the verge of tears because they "can't wide my widdle bwike". Revenge is sweet. 

Really?

You're going for baby talk to show your "righteous vengeance" over a group of people you don't know, who come from every walk of life, from school kids to coppers to doctors?

Cool.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BigDave said:

they did actually have to produce a second attempt at the road closing order and added the cycling ban to the on-line version but it wasn't included in the one already printed in the paper which was their first attempt, so I don't know how the legal eagles would interpret that !

6 hours ago, Mr Shoe said:

Really?

You're going for baby talk to show your "righteous vengeance" over a group of people you don't know, who come from every walk of life, from school kids to coppers to doctors?

Cool.

It's the best he can offer given his limited intelligence

There are idiot cyclists, idiot motorists and idiot pedestrians....that is life most cyclists,motorists and pedestrians are fine but there are always a few in every category not worth getting uptight about especially when that Kim fellow has gone nuclear, more pressing things to worry about.

• Like 1

So after a good week, watching the races, (so easy to get your favorite spot at the Manx) and I managed a couple of laps, It is time to get the cycle out again. Both camera's are charged and ready to capture all the morons using their mobiles or putting on their makeup. I do not usually do anything with this footage as I have the videos for cases of close passes or getting hit, but anything clear to view I get now will be passing onto the police, now it looks like action will be taken using video evidence. If enough are prosecuted it may start to become slightly safer for the rest of us. So cyclist's keep checking your footage. Be good out there :rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Shoe said:

Really?

Cool.

Fair comment, however the same could be said for those who describe all motorcyclists in   offensive terms, designed  I suspect, to offend.

Just saying :flowers:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BeachBoy said:

So after a good week, watching the races, (so easy to get your favorite spot at the Manx) and I managed a couple of laps, It is time to get the cycle out again. Both camera's are charged and ready to capture all the morons using their mobiles or putting on their makeup. I do not usually do anything with this footage as I have the videos for cases of close passes or getting hit, but anything clear to view I get now will be passing onto the police, now it looks like action will be taken using video evidence. If enough are prosecuted it may start to become slightly safer for the rest of us. So cyclist's keep checking your footage. Be good out there :rolleyes:

I'll do the same for the knobheads who were cycling the wrong way down a one way street and expecting me to get out of their way.

• Like 1