Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Dave Hedgehog

Premier Inn

There's the free market, then there is a policy of active encouragement of new hotel developments

& we are paying DfE to do this

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dilligaf said:

What !, by allowing competition ?

No, by "investing" in selective sectors at the expense of others. 

• Like 1

But at no obvious benefit to Manx enterprise

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

But at no obvious benefit to Manx enterprise

Or tax revenue. I wonder where the new Premier Inn pays tax (that’s assuming it ever makes any sort of profit in the next 10 years). 

I bet they'll have a management company fee structure that is so huge taxable profitability is never achieved

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I bet they'll have a management company fee structure that is so huge taxable profitability is never achieved

Correct of course they will plus part of the gross booking price going into some sort of arrangement where the managers pay for the marketing support and booking system that drives their bookings and also some sort of IP structure that charges them for using the Premier Inn name and brand. 

Edited by MrPB
Typo

That is the 'Premier Inn Franchise Fee'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

That is the 'Premier Inn Franchise Fee'

Yep. They all work on a similar model. 

Some right whingers on here. Twas ever thus obviously but for God's sake get a life.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Laurence Skelly MHK said: "I truly believe this is the arrival of our visitor economy and tourism renaissance."

Lol. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-48762374

I saw this and struggled to keep my Earl Grey under bodily control. And things I had previously consumed.

Presumably Premier have a contract to accommodate the early tranches of employees who will establish the six Chinese banks?

1 hour ago, slinkydevil said:

Laurence Skelly MHK said: "I truly believe this is the arrival of our visitor economy and tourism renaissance."

Lol. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-48762374

I hope he is right and see no reason for the negative comments. Visitors need to get good service as in decent prices and good service.

If our present hoteliers don't offer that, they don't deserve the business.

We've just been to Ireland and had the best visitor service ever. It reminded me of what we ( IOM ) offered 30 -40 years ago. The greedy bastards who ran the service down here don't deserve a penny and should get out of this trade now and leave it to those who offer what the consumer wants and should get.

This new Premier Inn and the Ramsey one by the park will clean up and rightly so.

Good luck to both. 

• Like 1

Why do they continue to market themselves as a budget hotel when they now charge as much as other hotels in the area and rip your wallet out of your pocket for breakfasts?

My last trip to London village, it was cheaper to stay at a Hilton than a P I, and that included breakfast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Why do they continue to market themselves as a budget hotel when they now charge as much as other hotels in the area and rip your wallet out of your pocket for breakfasts?

My last trip to London village, it was cheaper to stay at a Hilton than a P I, and that included breakfast.

Do you mean the "Hampton by Hilton", because they are in the same market as Premier Inn and Travel lodge ?