Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Dave Hedgehog

Premier Inn

T’was a doubletree variety of Hilton.  Are they all the same now?

20 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

T’was a doubletree variety of Hilton.  Are they all the same now?

Sorry, not sure.

Yes I can see it now, 1000s of tourist's queuing up to get booked into a hotel that's look's into a car park on a back street in Douglas, ffs is LS of his head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Yes I can see it now, 1000s of tourist's queuing up to get booked into a hotel that's look's into a car park on a back street in Douglas, ffs is LS of his head.

The guy's an A1 knob. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

I'm sure it wont be thousands, but Premier Inn will do pretty well in that location. Most people who stay in their hotels hardly ever look out of the window tosee the view. Quite a few of their sites don't have the most attractive outlook.

True - but it won't lead to the renaissance of the tourism industry he is publicly proclaiming, which I expect he knows full well

Which poses the question as to why he is saying it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed the 'truly believe' bit

Incredible

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

True - but it won't lead to the renaissance of the tourism industry he is publicly proclaiming, which I expect he knows full well

I agree it will just take business from other established hotels, some of the larger Island Hotels will need to up their game and maybe smarten themselves up a bit. The Empress for example is looking very scruffy from the outside, they can't even be bothered cleaning off the accumulated cobwebs on that big piece of glass at the bottom of the main entrance.

People jeer at exisiting hotels but there just is not the year round trade here to provide the cash flow to allow them to re-invest as fully as they wish

I cannot understand how - in the planning process - the damage to exisiting enterprises is not taken into consideration

IOMG should be batting for the home team, not branded bed factories from elsewhere

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

They are saying it as they are totally desperate to claim it as an endorsement that external investment is happening in the IOM tourist industry. BTW. It’s interesting to note that Premier has also now announced its picked a site in Guernsey for a build that is said to complete in 2021 (which also seems to have at least a distant sea view). Therefore it would seem to be more a post Brexit / UK staycation play than any particular endorsement of the IOM or DfE as they are vehemently / desperately claiming. 

Good to see Rob Callister wax-lyrically about the opening of a Premier Inn and the infamous Premier Inn breakfasts on Facebook yesterday. I hope he laid off the beans. It’s like he’s discovered fire and the wheel all in the same week! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 nights for TT next year £190 a night.

Budget brand my arse.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They are saying it as they are totally desperate to claim it as an endorsement that external investment is happening in the IOM tourist industry. BTW. It’s interesting to note that Premier has also now announced its picked a site in Guernsey for a build that is said to complete in 2021 (which also seems to have at least a distant sea view). Therefore it would seem to be more a post Brexit / UK staycation play than any particular endorsement of the IOM or DfE as they are vehemently / desperately claiming. 

Good to see Rob Callister waxlyrically about the opening of a Premier Inn and the infamous Premier Inn breakfasts on Facebook yesterday. I hope he laid off the beans. 

He never misses an opportunity...

Just now, x-in-man said:

Budget brand my arse.

Premier aren’t cheap anymore. They are consistent and efficient though. 

• Like 1

Just now, x-in-man said:

Budget brand my arse.

Did their homework then. Rip them off whilst you can.

That being said, it's £230 a night in Leicester Square Premier Inn

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

IOMG should be batting for the home team, not branded bed factories from elsewhere

They are, Dandara built it, you can't get anymore home team than that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3