Manx Grand Prix 2017

20 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Brilliant, I can now cycle safely over the mountain

Not until Monday you can't. 

• Like 2

Friction among the factions....

"Riders 'unhappy' with MGP facilities

Claims the Festival of Motorcyling needs to evaluate facilities

Facilities provided for some MGP competitors are not up to scratch and something needs to be done.

That's the view of the Chairman of the Manx Motorcycle Club,  Harvey Garton.

He says the success of the Festival, with its blend of Classic and MGP riders, means there is now not enough room for everyone.

And what is laid on for the competitors needs evaluating because the current set-up has led to criticism of the event. "

On 9/1/2017 at 3:40 PM, Neil Down said:

Brilliant, I can now cycle safely over the mountain

...and get clobbered by a runaway tram.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

...and get clobbered by a runaway tram.

Not if they travel as fast as your responses Albert :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 1:30 PM, La Colombe said:

Friction among the factions....

"Riders 'unhappy' with MGP facilities

Claims the Festival of Motorcyling needs to evaluate facilities

Facilities provided for some MGP competitors are not up to scratch and something needs to be done.

That's the view of the Chairman of the Manx Motorcycle Club,  Harvey Garton.

He says the success of the Festival, with its blend of Classic and MGP riders, means there is now not enough room for everyone.

And what is laid on for the competitors needs evaluating because the current set-up has led to criticism of the event. "

Rob Callister has reached out on social media, got quite a lot of feedback and is on the case. There always seems to be cash available for road racing subsidies. 

Well I hope that if they consider expanding the area, they use the rugby field and not take away any more of Noble's park.

As for being out of range of the PA system, ask Max Power about it. I don't live far from him and this year some bright spark has got all the speakers facing each other and what we hear is very loud but is full of feedback and echoes.

They should borrow the PA from the coffin dodging bowls lot, as we can hear every word very clear and loud and by christ is that boring :o

• Like 2

Maybe they should set up by my mum's house. You can hear it clear as day about a mile away. 

9 minutes ago, sarahc said:

Maybe they should set up by my mum's house. You can hear it clear as day about a mile away. 

£££££££;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Rob Callister has reached out on social media, got quite a lot of feedback and is on the case. There always seems to be cash available for road racing subsidies. 

It's all well and good making promises, can he deliver? Also, it's not in his remit to make promises and spending commitments. It's not Rob Callister's money, it's taxpayer cash. I don't know whether he promises things in order to improve his profile?

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It's all well and good making promises, can he deliver? Also, it's not in his remit to make promises and spending commitments. It's not Rob Callister's money, it's taxpayer cash. I don't know whether he promises things in order to improve his profile?

I reckon we can all guess the answer to that :lol:

• Like 2

Of course you can do anything if you have the funds to do it. All you need is to divert some more taxpayer money from other areas of Government spending to make the MGP competitors happy. Of course, someone else will be unhappy that the money they needed for something has disappeared but hey ho... Alternatively we can introduce a bit more stealth taxation in the hope that no-one notices the cost of the promises of future happiness for all (or more specifically, anyone who has someone to speak on the media on their behalf).