Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Aristotle

Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Remarkable transformation of a once reasonable sized country house into an outsized huge country pile. Amazing what you can achieve with “planning “ out in the sticks where no one can see what you upto. Similar to the abortion being built, rebuilt, rebuilt again, rebuilt again above the Darragh in Port Erin. 

Well...according to the front page of the Courier this weekend, the Barrowman/Mone pile is now on the market for £25M. Are they moving somewhere else within the Island or are they saying their goodbyes?

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Well...according to the front page of the Courier this weekend, the Barrowman/Mone pile is now on the market for £25M. Are they moving somewhere else within the Island or are they saying their goodbyes?

they're probably smart enough to fuck off..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Good byes would be my guess. 

On 12/28/2018 at 11:10 PM, Gizo said:

Remarkable transformation of a once reasonable sized country house into an outsized huge country pile. Amazing what you can achieve with “planning “ out in the sticks where no one can see what you upto. Similar to the abortion being built, rebuilt, rebuilt again, rebuilt again above the Darragh in Port Erin. 

...and what an ugly carbuncle on the face of the countryside it is. Too much of everything. I certainly wouldn't want to live there. Another reminder that planning is only for the plebs.

• Like 2

Did anyone seriously expect Michelle Mone to live on the IOM? 

Did anyone seriously expect the wedding to be held on the island?

Yet the goons on the Starship Enterprise are heavily spending money trying to attract HNWIs. Perhaps Skelly and HRH The Chief Minister thought their wedding invites were assured? I can see a mass exodus of the remaining HNWIs. 

Besides genuine HNWIs get involved in the local community, are genuinely charitable and charismatic. This island has had its share of chancers, handout grabbers and horrible individuals, who tradesmen do work for, and have to fight tooth and nail to get what’s rightfully owed. 

IOMG and it’s HNWIs policy imagined a trickle down effect. Spenditure got clothing, food, luxury goods being done on the island. Luxury car dealership on the island for HNWIs. However I can’t see the wives of HMWIs being seen on Strand Street, and I can’t picture them in Tynwald Mills either. I would imagine most luxury goods and motor vehicles are purchased off island.

Whether the house is sold or not remains to be seen. It may be sold in future years at a bargain basement price, by which time the propriety will require remedial works. 

• Like 5

People like this live in a constantly changing environment and they tend to react to a lot more external forces than we probably would, simply because they can. Without knowing the reasons or circumstances, we are simply guessing. 

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

But why? Aren't they satisfied or just greedy?

I tend to find that people with money are never satisfied, there's always something better somewhere else.

I wonder how much time they've spent in that house; how many weekends in the year ? It has probably been empty for most of that time, heating permanently on for the winter and plenty of lights to deter the curious. Grass cut and gardens tended all summer long. A huge empty pile on what was once farmland while many Manx families pay exorbitant rents to landlords or struggle every month to meet the mortgage and keep the bank from the door. This is the HNW strategy that Allan Bell pushed for and was so behind. Thanks Al.

Still, I bet some people in the property game made a few quid on this place, and will do so again when it's sold. 

• Like 3

I wonder if the gardener got to be a HNW out of it...? Still, this is trickle down economics in action. Even down to the lights using leccy and whatever source of heating needing bills paid.

I hear a rumour they are hardly here anyway so it's just a waste of an asset sitting idle, so better to disappear. Monaco or Singapore the likely destinations for an abode.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder if the gardener got to be a HNW out of it...? Still, this is trickle down economics in action. Even down to the lights using leccy and whatever source of heating needing bills paid.

Trickle down economics my arse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Trickle down economics my arse. 

Well, I was being cynical... :lol: