Beware Living Hope false advertising

LesC

Compared to the other stuff living hope has done this is small-fry but it pisses me off so I'm going to piss you lot off too by sharing it  

They advertise "Open Mic" nights around the island.  At the Creek for example or at one of the coffee places in Castletown.

"Come along to an evening of fun, music, talent and good coffee" they say. "Whether you're musical or just after an evening out with friends/family we'd love to welcome you" they say. In fact, they say, "We will have a keyboard, guitar, cajon drum and microphones set up. Anything from country, to classical, to popular music or spoken word - all are welcome to showcase their talent during this family friendly evening!"

What I friggin well say is- If you're an aspiring musician then Open Mic nights are a good chance to perform in front of an audience aren't they? And if you just like a cheap night out then they can be good to go along to, can't they? So you go along, unaware that the music you're expecting is actually fishbait.

Because beware! This is Living Hope and they don't give a shit about your burgeoning talent or your hopes of a good night out. No. They are ONLY interested in preaching at you and converting you!

So here's a Facebook account of what actually happened at the Open Mic from the "pastor", afterwards: 

"Excellent Open Mic night at Coffee Republic in Castletown. So good to hear testimonies of God doing amazing things. Heard the good news of Jesus. Epic poems, wonderful new talent."

Ok so I didn't go. I already know that I'm talentless and I already know not to get within a mile of any living hope event even (especially?) when they're dressing it up as being only for fun. But some people won't be as cynical as I am and that is what this cult is relying on.

Some people will go to those events expecting music and a chance to shine and will end up being told that they are sinners and doomed and that the only solution is to join those happy clappers and get rid of all their existing friends and hand over their cash so that living hope can buy more friggin cajon drums.

what is a cajon drum anyway 

There. Are you pissed off now too?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LesC said:

A kind of percussion instrument that the performer sits on and taps out a rhythm. They're kind of useful for providing rhythm for Open Mic nights or backing an acoustic guitar since they don't overwhelm the main performer. They have a bit of versatility too since they can go through the mixing desk without the need to mic up a kit. 

2 minutes ago, Tibet said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll add the hosting of religious fanatics alongside serving frozen chips and rude staff to my list of reasons to not visit the Creek Inn.  

That'll be the Creek going bust without your custom then...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LesC said:

Compared to the other stuff living hope has done this is small-fry but it pisses me off so I'm going to piss you lot off too by sharing it  

They advertise "Open Mic" nights around the island.  At the Creek for example or at one of the coffee places in Castletown.

"Come along to an evening of fun, music, talent and good coffee" they say. "Whether you're musical or just after an evening out with friends/family we'd love to welcome you" they say. In fact, they say, "We will have a keyboard, guitar, cajon drum and microphones set up. Anything from country, to classical, to popular music or spoken word - all are welcome to showcase their talent during this family friendly evening!"

What I friggin well say is- If you're an aspiring musician then Open Mic nights are a good chance to perform in front of an audience aren't they? And if you just like a cheap night out then they can be good to go along to, can't they? So you go along, unaware that the music you're expecting is actually fishbait.

Because beware! This is Living Hope and they don't give a shit about your burgeoning talent or your hopes of a good night out. No. They are ONLY interested in preaching at you and converting you!

So here's a Facebook account of what actually happened at the Open Mic from the "pastor", afterwards: 

"Excellent Open Mic night at Coffee Republic in Castletown. So good to hear testimonies of God doing amazing things. Heard the good news of Jesus. Epic poems, wonderful new talent."

Ok so I didn't go. I already know that I'm talentless and I already know not to get within a mile of any living hope event even (especially?) when they're dressing it up as being only for fun. But some people won't be as cynical as I am and that is what this cult is relying on.

Some people will go to those events expecting music and a chance to shine and will end up being told that they are sinners and doomed and that the only solution is to join those happy clappers and get rid of all their existing friends and hand over their cash so that living hope can buy more friggin cajon drums.

There. Are you pissed off now too?

CULT praying on vulnerable individuals,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bellefield said:

I think the false advertising regarding the open mic session is the least of their sins, how about their false advertising regarding everlasting life?

I dunno, a few hours with them may feel like everlasting life

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

A guy I know is part of that lot came to one of the Riffs Open mic nights at the Railway. He was there to support a "friend" and had a group of younger people with him. Made a big show of supporting they made a big show of supporting their mate but were uninterested in everyone else. Must have been taking notes.