Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Aristotle

Promenade pedestrian crossings

1 minute ago, Aristotle said:

I was reading a fascinating article about botanical gardens over on the BBC News website earlier this morning. I think we should turn all these eyesores into botanical gardens. http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41388144

Would be nice, but if you can't race a motorbike around in there or get pissed in a tent, there will be little interest from the government TBH.

7 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Well, anything built post-1950, yes.

Especially that God awful precinct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Especially that God awful precinct.

Yes it is a bit, well, weird to say the least.

38 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

There isn't, if you proceed along the COAST.

Except maybe the two crossings located near the Castle Mona and on Queens Prom by promenade t-shirts...

7 minutes ago, BigDave said:

Except maybe the two crossings located near the Castle Mona and on Queens Prom by promenade t-shirts...

What crossing at Castle Mona? The one across from the TT shirts shop which has been there for years has recently been removed.

1 minute ago, Aristotle said:

What crossing at Castle Mona? The one across from the TT shirts shop which has been there for years has recently been removed.

The one near the Castle Mona is practically opposite the old Imperial Hotel.

When did the crossing on Queens Prom disappear? Can only be in the last couple of weeks if it really has gone?

10 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

When I mentioned Jak's you said it had been removed yet originally you said the one by tower house  and the one by the TT shop had gone?

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

When I mentioned Jak's you said it had been removed yet originally you said the one by tower house  and the one by the TT shop had gone?

The one at Jak's is the one by Tower House. We're talking about the same one. It's disappeared.

And yes, the one by the TT shop has disappeared too. TT shop, as in the one further on up the promenade, not the little shop by Sam Webb's.

6 minutes ago, BigDave said:

When did the crossing on Queens Prom disappear? Can only be in the last couple of weeks if it really has gone?

They put bags over the traffic lights about 2 months ago. 

7 minutes ago, BigDave said:

I don't know when it disappeared, but it has.

18 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The one at Jak's is the one by Tower House. We're talking about the same one. It's disappeared.

And yes, the one by the TT shop has disappeared too. TT shop, as in the one further on up the promenade, not the little shop by Sam Webb's.

Er, I'm getting confused now, there's a crossing at Jak's and one at Quids inn isn't there?

I can't remember. There's one at the Methodist Church, then there USED TO BE one further along opposite a pub. I don't know which pub it is.

Edited by Aristotle

1 hour ago, Aristotle said:

Are you for real? M&S is full of the biggest 4x4s. I've never seen one that can't fit. You need to lay off the shrooms, Jess.

The trick is to get the horses to duck; sometimes they don't and that is the mane cause of the problem.

• Like 1