Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

From the horses mouth, the real reason for the delays is the DTI were unhappy with the level of security service at Ronaldsway and have been crawling up every orifice of their operation. They are now demonstrating a zealous screening which is causing the delays !

3 hours ago, asitis said:

From the horses mouth, the real reason for the delays is the DTI were unhappy with the level of security service at Ronaldsway and have been crawling up every orifice of their operation. They are now demonstrating a zealous screening which is causing the delays !

Were the DTI going to close the airport down?

6 hours ago, asitis said:

Which is rubbish as I travel through there every week and the screening is no different than it was a few months ago. Or a few years ago. This issue is a security area seemingly made up of the leftovers from an office move and put together by a 12 year old as well as a load of idiots who can't roster properly. 

• Like 6

Just now, Lxxx said:

Which is rubbish as I travel through there every week and the screening is no different than it was a few months ago. Or a few years ago. This issue is a security area seemingly made up of the leftovers from an office move and put together by a 12 year old as well as a load of idiots who can't roster properly. 

12 year olds who did well on their SATS can roster properly. Sadly, lots of these did not do well, nor received GCSEs, nor can wipe their own bums. 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2017 at 6:36 PM, asitis said:

The radar situation is intriguing, for a long time no one would tell the real story, indeed ATC staff were scared to even discuss the matter !

I thought they said recently it was operational, who knows, but one fact is the old one is still here and still working, if the new one is all it should be, why do we still need the old one ?

Unless things have changed recently, I have been told by two separate inside sources that because of the topography of the Island this system could not work as installed. It was a revolutionary technology and "the future" but it was very much in its infancy and they were since looking at further innovations to resolve the issues. Because of the problems the contractor has been unable to hand it over as signed off and they have been footing the bill for keeping the old system operational as the new one could not fully take over. Last time I spoke to anyone there was two months or so ago so I can't confirm or deny possible developments since.

3 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Ask yourself why haven't those queues formed before ? Easy have been here for a while no queues. The DTI have audited the security and it has been found wanting hence the increase in waiting time, agreed the layout is crap! Came out at a meeting of pilots for an airline !!

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

Ask yourself why haven't those queues formed before ? Easy have been here for a while no queues. The DTI have audited the security and it has been found wanting hence the increase in waiting time, agreed the layout is crap! Came out at a meeting of pilots for an airline !!

As someone else has said however the actual security screening is no more stringent than it was previously. Same people going through the same process. Are they just doing the same things slower now to make it seem like they're being more thorough? It's a bag and person walking through a scanner. Next we'll probably see one of those large full body scanning booths coming in. 

9 hours ago, asitis said:

I was told exactly the same thing by someone who works at the airport. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Which is rubbish as I travel through there every week and the screening is no different than it was a few months ago.

I had to take all my camera gear out of the bag, which was new to me. Signs about it as well. Didn't have to do that in TT Week.

Of course, coming back through Liverpool there was no requirement to remove the camera gear.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Of course, coming back through Liverpool there was no requirement to remove the camera gear.

Probably cos they consider that you'd be lucky to still have your camera gear after coming back through Liverpool.....:lol:

• Like 2