Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

I honestly can't see the problem here... I have had to wait at IoM security for perhaps a maximum of 5 minutes or less in all my times travelling off the Island, yet when I am in the UK I could be queuing for up to 20 (longest I have actually queued for has actually been an hour but that is by the by)  

It's not the staff, the management or the machines that are the issues at the airport but customers who think they can show up 5 mins before their flight departs and expect to just get through.. when about 80 other people have had the same idea. Just get through and wait in departures and we wouldn't have this issue. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WelshManx said:

I honestly can't see the problem here... I have had to wait at IoM security for perhaps a maximum of 5 minutes or less in all my times travelling off the Island, yet when I am in the UK I could be queuing for up to 20 (longest I have actually queued for has actually been an hour but that is by the by)  

It's not the staff, the management or the machines that are the issues at the airport but customers who think they can show up 5 mins before their flight departs and expect to just get through.. when about 80 other people have had the same idea. Just get through and wait in departures and we wouldn't have this issue. 

clearly a poor attempt at trolling, as many people have testified and shown in photographs queues that are up to an hour long, so your 5 minute queuing ignores everyone else's experience.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bellefield said:

clearly a poor attempt at trolling, as many people have testified and shown in photographs queues that are up to an hour long, so your 5 minute queuing ignores everyone else's experience.

Fair point, perhaps a case of " problematic as your future may be Jack, I'm doing quite nicely thank you ":D or  when an organisation ( don't get me started on the banks and insurance companies:lol:) screw up it's "the customers fault" .

If after a long delay involving the missing of a flight do they say "Is there anything else I can help you with?":lol:.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bellefield said:

No attempt at trolling?

Many people have also testified no issues. So under your own logic everyone complaining is ignoring others experience of no issues... is it not? 

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

The usual plan is to sit down whilst we watch the rest of the sheep queue then join as the queue dwindles. Except this time it didn't dwindle. One morphed into the other. A perma queue if you like.

This is pretty much my point. You were there in plenty of time, which makes a lot of sense. Then very unfortunate that this "perma queue" formed. I have seen this, and it's mainly people getting up to queue, who then for reasons only known to themselves start to form two lines for one desk... it's madness. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, Bellefield said:

I went through there last week for morning Gatwick flight.  I was there about an hour and twenty before the flight. Took ten minutes.

It would have bee  quicker but for a number of largely old people that cannot seem to grasp (a) preparing in time for when you reach the trays and (b) picking up those trays and walking down the length of the table rather than loading into the tray at the initial point you pick it up.  

In the end I couldn't be arsed to wait so picked up a tray and walked round them to where they should have gone to.

It would help if the staff on the land side of the scanner also managed the people better as they reach the trays.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, notwell said:

It would have bee  quicker but for a number of largely old people that cannot seem to grasp (a) preparing in time for when you reach the trays and (b) picking up those trays and walking down the length of the table rather than loading into the tray at the initial point you pick it up.  

This is the problem in a nutshell...the stupidity of people.

9 hours ago, notwell said:

I went through there last week for morning Gatwick flight.  I was there about an hour and twenty before the flight. Took ten minutes.

In the end I couldn't be arsed to wait so picked up a tray and walked round them to where they should have gone to.

It would help if the staff on the land side of the scanner also managed the people better as they reach the trays.

This is the most sensible post I've ever seen on Manx Forums.  Every word rings true.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...