Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

So they designed the current (relatively new) section wrong and now need to fix it again. This is 100% managerial incompetence, nothing else. It's a tiny airfield. How bloody hard can it be?

I've just been to this place https://imgur.com/a/SqpKH Tiny province airport here. No 100k+ 'Directors' and overpaid managers around and they managed a better job than Heathrow on Sea, on design and operation. Mainly because they use their fucking brains to build and operate what they actually need. Seriously, a tiny airstrip in the middle of nowhere here was a better experience than Reynoldsway Overpromised International with all the millions they wasted over the years. The mind boggles.

How the hell can it be that oaps get their meals on wheels cancelled but this shower of incompetence gets to party on and produce screw up after screw up? Get a grip on that place, man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

It seems the only solution that the management team at the airport can ever come up with is to spend more money

Well, it does need fixing. Up until now, it seems to me that all they have done is deny there's a problem or urge passengers to turn up earlier for flights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, guzzi said:

Well, it does need fixing. Up until now, it seems to me that all they have done is deny there's a problem or urge passengers to turn up earlier for flights. 

It does make you wonder if any of the airport management actually get out from behind their own airport desks to see what the rest of the UK does. 

Just now, piebaps said:

1st world problem innit. Nobody has missed a flight and you've all got your arses in your hands because at certain times you have to wait for a bit.

There are parts of the first world that are a lot better to live in than others.  Parts  where everything works well, and shit bits where it doesn't. We don't want the Island to become a shit part of the 1st world.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

It does make you wonder if any of the airpesort management actually get out from behind their own airport desks to see what the rest of the UK does. 

I would wager that if you work at the airport, you get a way through behind the scenes.  I never seem to see crew in the line for security, 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, guzzi said:

I would wager that if you work at the airport, you get a way through behind the scenes.  I never seem to see crew in the line for security, 

Was in front of one in security yesterday on a positioning journey.  Apart from the early morning flights (where they'll be long through before most passengers turn up) isn't it mostly fly in/fly out crew who wouldn't be going through anyway?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Was in front of one in security yesterday on a positioning journey.  Apart from the early morning flights (where they'll be long through before most passengers turn up) isn't it mostly fly in/fly out crew who wouldn't be going through anyway?

I stand corrected.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If people can’t see that this is all a play to blow up a situation so that the airport management can pretend they need more staff to manage otherwise they’re not doing very much they must be really, really, stupid. 

I agree. The ergonomics of moving the existing equipment and furniture around in the current space are so simple that my 7yo granddaughter could do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I agree. The ergonomics of moving the existing equipment and furniture around in the current space are so simple that my 7yo granddaughter could do it. 

It’s pitifully transparent. Just shows you though that they do not care about the islands image, or its economy, or you and me, or anything else but themselves and their career perpetuation. They’d happily bring the whole Island to a total shutdown just to create the case for something else for them to do. This is all this is. It’s pitifully childish. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

Sorry to bring this up again,  but how the fxxk were they going to manage the 2 million passengers we should have had by now after blowing what 60 mill ?

The radar has just been " on test"  after 6 yrs and the old one switched off ! however the old one is going again now ? go figure !

Government need to think very carefully before throwing more money at these clowns !