Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Mac the Knife

Ronaldsway Airport

3 hours ago, piebaps said:

1st world problem innit. Nobody has missed a flight and you've all got your arses in your hands because at certain times you have to wait for a bit.

No, it's 1st world championship inefficiency and poor planning - and a matter that should have been addressed years ago.  Goodness knows what visitors to our 'where you can' Island must think apart from 'where you can stand in an enormous queue to get through a completely inadequately sized security screening area'.

• Like 2

On the assumption they make a bit more room and get the 2nd scanner working, there is no reason they cannot use office staff during busy periods to staff it, just give them the training as it will give a bit of flexability

10 minutes ago, JOE450 said:

On the assumption they make a bit more room and get the 2nd scanner working, there is no reason they cannot use office staff during busy periods to staff it, just give them the training as it will give a bit of flexability

Aye, that'll be right.

Superbly run airport lots of flights cancelled !  official story will be runway conditions, its + 2 !

Nope, run out of de-icer less than a days supply in stock ! my friend is a captain he's hopping !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, asitis said:

Superbly run airport lots of flights cancelled !  official story will be runway conditions, its + 2 !

Nope, run out of de-icer less than a days supply in stock ! my friend is a captain he's hopping !!

Is he the skipper, or is he Skippy ( the bush kangaroo for the older posters);)images.jpg.7d409e7b6d920a759fab6bd323cf7d50.jpg

Edited by dilligaf

32 minutes ago, asitis said:

They probably run a highly efficient JIT system (just in time) to replen de-icer

Via air transportation....

• Haha 3

I really hope this de-icer story is fake news.

Inexcusable if so given the conditions that have been forecast for days by meteorologists based at .... yes, you guessed it.... Ronaldsway.

If proven to be true, this has to be the final straw for Reynolds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

- What's that, skip? Andy, the kid that orders de-icer's fallen down the old well?

You were obviously a fan too then. :)

Easyjet have put the reason for the cancellations is "A de-icing issue at IOM Airport"

Perfectly believable they've run out of de-icer. They have previous for it.

• Like 3

Just now, Nom de plume said:

I really hope this de-icer story is fake news.

Inexcusable if so given the conditions that have been forecast for days by meteorologists based at .... yes, you guessed it.... Ronaldsway.

If proven to be true, this has to be the final straw for Reynolds.

Nothing unusual there though.

I can't remember the year, maybe 10 or 11 years ago , we boarded our flight here and waited what seemed like ages without any movement.

We were then told that the wings had accidently been sprayed with water and had frozen over and we were to wait for some crew or other to arrive to use some kind of de-icer.

2.5 hours later we set off.

I have no idea if de-icer has a shelf life or not.

But they know, say, how many flights take off every week.

So it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out how much de-icer they would need to last a week of inclement weather.

Has anyone been sacked for this?

If not, why not...?

• Like 1

can't wait for the spin !

My informant tells me that the policy will be to blame the runway conditions !