Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Mac the Knife

Ronaldsway Airport

30 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The timetable only runs to end of October but I wouldn't mind betting that Eastern will pull that route after October if EasyJet decides to fly after that date.

Hope its not another race to the bottom, then the winner pulls out ! Bad news for consumers does come in confusing packages !!

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

The timetable only runs to end of October but I wouldn't mind betting that Eastern will pull that route after October if EasyJet decides to fly after that date.

the following indicates BFS-IOM is throughout the year rather than summer only

http://www.irishnews.com/business/2017/12/12/news/easyjet-adds-to-christmas-cheer-with-three-new-belfast-routes-1208248/?param=ds441rif44T

Yes, I've only just spotted that Easy are taking us to Belfast International. That's quite a good hub for flights to Europe,  so maybe that's what they are hoping will fill their seats.  Mind you, if the Dublin route was strengthened, Dublin would be an even better hub for flights worldwide, complete with US immigration/border pre-clearance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, guzzi said:

Yes, I've only just spotted that Easy are taking us to Belfast International. That's quite a good hub for flights to Europe,  so maybe that's what they are hoping will fill their seats.  Mind you, if the Dublin route was strengthened, Dublin would be an even better hub for flights worldwide, complete with US immigration/border pre-clearance. 

Are Lingus need to add to the list of destinations that appear when you enter IOM as origin !  At the moment it's only Dublin, Canada and USA.

8 hours ago, lfc84 said:

Are Lingus need to add to the list of destinations that appear when you enter IOM as origin !  At the moment it's only Dublin, Canada and USA.

Works well though. I did a connection to Newark a couple of weeks ago, only 1 hour 20 minutes between landing in Dublin and flight to USA Departing. Pre-Clearence took only a few minutes. Total time IOM > USA was around 10 hours and bags were one of the first on the belt at the other end! Agree they could strengthen the connections available though, they could attract more passengers from here connecting that way.

Speaking of EasyJet I have just noticed they've stopped their morning flight to Gatwick now apart from on a Monday. Anyone know if this is just a temporary thing?

Edited by Lxxx

23 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Speaking of EasyJet I have just noticed they've stopped their morning flight to Gatwick now apart from on a Monday. Anyone know if this is just a temporary thing?

When?

I booked Tuesday and Thursday morning flights at the end of February begining of March last night IOM/LGW/IOM

9 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

When?

I booked Tuesday and Thursday morning flights at the end of February begining of March last night IOM/LGW/IOM

Might just be January timetable then.

Got a very interesting technical update on the new radar the other day. This shit needs a public enquiry.

49 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Got a very interesting technical update on the new radar the other day. This shit needs a public enquiry.

In the Rovers ?

• Like 1