Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

39 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Was it the Haynes manual ? 

I love those Haynes manuals. 

It's the way the picture in the manual only has a fleeting and probably entirely down to coincidence resemblance to what you are actually looking at.

Owning a T2 is like that.....

Well clearly all is not as it should be as the old one is still in place working daily. It was switched off for a short time whilst the new one was tested but clearly the test has perhaps not gone as hoped ! Amazing how we had to dump the old one a long time ago as it wasn't capable of serving our needs for a while longer !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I guess the CAA are either going to

a) approve and certify the new system as operational

or

b) not....

A. will be met with massive fanfare about leading the way in technology despite risks etc etc

B. will be spun as any number of problems none attributable to any organisation/ individual

The fact of the matter is by the time we have a new radar it will be an old radar LOL !!

• Like 4

We’ve gone off thread, returning to security queues, 

The airport could distribute departure slots better.

They could have Staff flexibility and run two machines.

They could rearrange the room layout, it’s not ergonomically efficient.

That being said I’ve been going through twice per week since the week before Christmas for chemo in Liverpool. I’m using a wheelchair due to chemo side effects.

Ronaldsway is much better and efficient at dealing with PRM than either Speke or Ringway.

Ringway hasn’t even got an ambulift that fits flybe turboprops to get me on or off ( can’t do stairs right now ) nor has it got a step crawling chair. 

Speke has an ambulift and a sloping ramp.

Ronaldsway has the ambulift, a stair crawler and a ramp on order.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

We’ve gone off thread, returning to security queues, 

The airport could distribute departure slots better.

They could have Staff flexibility and run two machines.

They could rearrange the room layout, it’s not ergonomically efficient.

That being said I’ve been going through twice per week since the week before Christmas for chemo in Liverpool. I’m using a wheelchair due to chemo side effects.

Ronaldsway is much better and efficient at dealing with PRM than either Speke or Ringway.

Ringway hasn’t even got an ambulift that fits flybe turboprops to get me on or off ( can’t do stairs right now ) nor has it got a step crawling chair. 

Speke has an ambulift and a sloping ramp.

Ronaldsway has the ambulift, a stair crawler and a ramp on order.

I thought departure slots had to coincide what was available at the other end? If not you'd have aircraft flying around in circles waiting for a slot to become available. It's bad enough as it is, especially LCY & LGW.

100% they should move the furniture. If they did that I doubt there'd be the necessity to knock through or create an additional area. There's room enough. They're just lacking that box that they need to think outside of..... if you see what I mean

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I thought departure slots had to coincide what was available at the other end? If not you'd have aircraft flying around in circles waiting for a slot to become available. It's bad enough as it is, especially LCY & LGW.

100% they should move the furniture. If they did that I doubt there'd be the necessity to knock through or create an additional area. There's room enough. They're just lacking that box that they need to think outside of..... if you see what I mean

It’s got to fit both airports. Especially with a single runway. There’s negotiating wiggle room. No reason why they can’t have 20 min gaps.