Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

6 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The T1 was a biplane -  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopwith_Cuckoo

The T2 was a monoplane - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACAZ_T.2

Don’t start Woody2 on that. He’ll confuse with Concorde or a Spitfire, anything but the truth.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, it was known as the Type 2. That differentiated it from the Beetle which was Type 1.

Type 2 included what we now know as T1, T2, and T3. (First, second and third generation Type 2’s ). Designation changed in 1990 when the T4 was introduced and the Type 2 first, second and third generation were retrospectively named T1, T2 and T3.

only called this since the 1990s, based on VW's retrospective T1,2,3,4 etc. naming system.

#fact

39 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

...........well funnily enough Dilli, I used to have a turboed ford v6 type 2 that I used to drag at Santa Pod................completely gutted inside and very unreliable................lol

i got banned from shanty tod for going to fast at a rwyb......

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, woody2 said:

the Transporter not only evolved, but was completely revised periodically with variations retrospectively referred to as versions "T1" to "T5" (a nomenclature only invented after the introduction of the front-drive T4 which replaced the T25).

Just read what i posted, and what PK posted and your reply. You’re right, TheT1, T2, etc designations were introduced with T4 and applied retrospectively to the various Type 2 generations. 

BUT that doesn’t make a Type 2 splittie a t2 .It’s either a type2 with a split screen or a T1.

cant see how you can’t differentiate between T and Type.

and shouting or posting bold doesn’t make you right. Just makes you look a; even bigger idiot.

but go ahead, shout to convince yourself, you aren’t convincing anyone else 

Edited by John Wright
  • Like 2