Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Begging the question, what's wrong with the existing operations management....? :lol:

Bit of an own goal then? If we're taking this guy on, surely there's an incompetent or two we can get rid of?

effing hell if its incompetence you are looking for in running  the airport there is a very long queue !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Begging the question, what's wrong with the existing operations management....? :lol:

Bit of an own goal then? If we're taking this guy on, surely there's an incompetent or two we can get rid of?

The story says that he is taking over from the current encumbent who is retarded retiring.

• Haha 1

I find the whole appointment a bit puzzling.  I presumed that Mr Spake must have continued his career in aviation while carrying on the z-list lifestyle of a long-ago reality TV participant (provincial carnivals, charity work, intermittent social media).  I can find some evidence online for the latter, but nothing about any jobs helping run airports - no Linkedin or trade papers stuff. 

Even if he'd been keeping that side of his life low key, you'd have expect it to be pointed to on his appointment, if only to reassure people that he had more qualification than being 'him off the telly'.  The post was advertised in the Spring (closing 22 May) and you'd expect it to be filled with someone doing a similar job at a smaller airport or as a Deputy somewhere.  Such jobs are normally three months notice or similar, so you'd expect the new manager to start about now.  But only Energy seem to have reported the appointment.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I find the whole appointment a bit puzzling.  I presumed that Mr Spake must have continued his career in aviation while carrying on the z-list lifestyle of a long-ago reality TV participant (provincial carnivals, charity work, intermittent social media).  I can find some evidence online for the latter, but nothing about any jobs helping run airports - no Linkedin or trade papers stuff. 

Even if he'd been keeping that side of his life low key, you'd have expect it to be pointed to on his appointment, if only to reassure people that he had more qualification than being 'him off the telly'.  The post was advertised in the Spring (closing 22 May) and you'd expect it to be filled with someone doing a similar job at a smaller airport or as a Deputy somewhere.  Such jobs are normally three months notice or similar, so you'd expect the new manager to start about now.  But only Energy seem to have reported the appointment.

But he was only a participant, nothing more.. that still doesn't mean he lacks the necessary experience and/or capability for the job that was advertised.

I would hope IOMG HR people and the Directress of Ports recognised the difference..... on second thoughts, probably not.

...............my experience of the security at Ronaldsway last week was just as bad as usual...........when will someone, anyone, realise that there is a need for a fair sized area for people to load trays etc. BEFORE entering the actual security operation................at the moment there are too few trays, too few benches/tables and not enough room..........Gatwick however, although it has such a massive throughput and even more stringent procedures was a doddle, there were queues but every effort and strategy was being used to alleviate them with helpful staff.............Ronaldsway however was a chaotic mess............IMO of course.............