Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Mac the Knife

Ronaldsway Airport

17 hours ago, asitis said:

Working I assume yes it is, certificated I assume no its not. Its all very cloak and dagger when talking about the new (old) radar, little information has ever been forthcoming. I suspect had it been fully certificated there would have been a huge fanfare hence my assumption it is not approved, coupled with the fact the old one which couldn't possibly work beyond was it 2012 ? is still in use.

Its only money !!!!

A quick google seems to suggests that it was expected to go live in September 2017, with the licence finally being issued some time after that.  So only about six years late.

Can anyone verify the boast that the security upgrades has enhanced the customer experience at Ronaldsway Airport reported in the media outlets this week?

23 minutes ago, Whatnonsence said:

Can anyone verify the boast that the security upgrades has enhanced the customer experience at Ronaldsway Airport reported in the media outlets this week?

Does Ronaldsway have a customer experience ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Whatnonsence said:

Yes! I can! Out with easyjet to Gatwick start of December, and finally they've got it right. Bigger trays, 2 scanners, no queue!! Finally it's as it should be.

4 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Yes! I can! Out with easyjet to Gatwick start of December, and finally they've got it right. Bigger trays, 2 scanners, no queue!! Finally it's as it should be.

Exactly.

It took how many weeks of misery to force them to actually meet the requirement?

Oh, sorry. I forgot the Directoress didn't even know there was a problem.

How many other issues are there where she just "didn't even know there was a problem"....?

Management by blissful ignorance.....

At that level simply not good enough.

• Like 1

Didn't they already have 2 scanners but only one in regular use? If so, does that mean they've spent a reported £300k(?) on bigger trays?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

Didn't they already have 2 scanners but only one in regular use? If so, does that mean they've spent a reported £300k(?) on bigger trays?

There were two scanners but I only ever saw one in use.

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Yes they've had two scanners for quite a while.

After getting pissed off waiting to get through I actually asked why they were only using the one scanner.

The explanation started with something like we would make the flight anyway or some such. So the attitude seemed to be that it was surplus to requirements.

That's like a shopkeeper saying in an exasperated manner "For the twentieth time today there's just no call for it...."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Bigger scanners as well to take the bigger trays? Couldn't be sure of that though.. also an improved loading system, where 4 people can fill their bigger trays at same time. 

Only took just over a year to fix it. Pretty good for government..... 

But how it was allowed to get to that stage... And only fixed reluctantly after much whinging and blaming of the passenger!

I almost wanted to rate my security experience with a green smiley face.

Argh... Don't give them ideas...

• Haha 1

Just makes me wonder how we would have coped with the projected 2.5 million passengers per annum we were headed for when they blew the cash !

We suddenly couldn't cope with the two easy jet flights close together for goodness sake ! 

• Like 4

But we did cope! The thing we couldn't cope with was the bitching and moaning when people had to wait a little. First world problem!

Just gone through security now. Only three people here waiting to through and they have managed to create a mini back log already. Can’t have been easy for them given the 8 staff hanging around... :whistling:

16 hours ago, Max Power said:

There were two scanners but I only ever saw one in use.

So, do we now have three scanners ( and only use two incase one breaks down ) ?