Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
The Duck of Atholl

Fight Club

In my relatively short time on MF I've noticed (it's obvious to a blind man) that lots of threads get seriously derailed by posters having full on slanging matches with each other. Obviously there will always be difference of opinion but more often that not it gets to full on keyboard bar brawl and eventually posters banned and topics shut down.

With that in mind I thought we might have a dedicated thread where arguments can be (virtually speaking) "taken outside" thus allowing a thread to stay on topic as it were.

Ergo I have started this thread so that posters can vent their frustration with each other and we won't get threads cluttered quite so much with personal issue.

Anyway it's just an idea 

Regards 

Ducy

45 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

In my relatively short time on MF I've noticed (it's obvious to a blind man) that lots of threads get seriously derailed by posters having full on slanging matches with each other. Obviously there will always be difference of opinion but more often that not it gets to full on keyboard bar brawl and eventually posters banned and topics shut down.

With that in mind I thought we might have a dedicated thread where arguments can be (virtually speaking) "taken outside" thus allowing a thread to stay on topic as it were.

Ergo I have started this thread so that posters can vent their frustration with each other and we won't get threads cluttered quite so much with personal issue.

Anyway it's just an idea 

Regards 

Ducy

If you've not worked it out yet let me explain it to you as I have. Whenever a poster seems to touch a raw nerve up pops some of the usual crowd to deliberately start a fight that lots of people get sucked into. What they then do is derail the thread and try to get posters that say what they don't like banned from the Forum. It worked for a while too and caused all sorts of unpleasantness but I think even the mods worked it out in the end. Another recurrent theme of the action is that it normally happens in a thread that mentions Rob Callister exactly when something negative about Rob Callister has been said. This morning it seems to have been triggered by Cue Ball posting his blog link up which was then ripped into by Neil Down. He didn't get a rise out of Cue Ball but he got a rise out of other posters who pointed out that he was deliberately being a dick. He might be a completely rubbish troll (I think most people agree on that) but he seems to be a very persistent rubbish troll who also seems to go to the mods and moan and try to get posters banned when people say things he doesn't like. It's pretty transparent really when you just sit back and watch. 

Carry on. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Whenever a poster seems to touch a raw nerve up pops some of the usual crowd to deliberately start a fight that lots of people get sucked into. What they then do is derail the thread and try to get posters that say what they don't like banned from the Forum.

Very true. Case in point: Thomas Jefferson. A poster no worse than anybody who isn't banned, but harassed to the point of outright criminal bullying, then maliciously lied about and banned, all because he hit a nerve by going from criticism of the government to criticism of government subsidisation of private sector businesses. The same cretins who harassed him are quick to harass any new poster who begins to speak on topics that hit close to home.

• Like 1

Pretty sure TJ started a thread called 'is ans a cock' or something very similar. He was (and still is, but milder) an attention whore. 

47 minutes ago, The Well-Manicured Man said:

You OK, duck? PM me. xx

46 minutes ago, hboy said:

Hope u ok hun xxxxxx 

*sniff*  thanks for all your support, it's the kind words of people like this that gives me the strength to carry on etc...xxx

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Pretty sure TJ started a thread called 'is ans a cock' or something very similar. He was (and still is, but milder) an attention whore. 

Yeh, but only as a joke and after already being banned. People really need to lighten up.

47 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If you've not worked it out yet let me explain it to you as I have. Whenever a poster seems to touch a raw nerve up pops some of the usual crowd to deliberately start a fight that lots of people get sucked into. What they then do is derail the thread and try to get posters that say what they don't like banned from the Forum. It worked for a while too and caused all sorts of unpleasantness but I think even the mods worked it out in the end. Another recurrent theme of the action is that it normally happens in a thread that mentions Rob Callister exactly when something negative about Rob Callister has been said. This morning it seems to have been triggered by Cue Ball posting his blog link up which was then ripped into by Neil Down. He didn't get a rise out of Cue Ball but he got a rise out of other posters who pointed out that he was deliberately being a dick. He might be a completely rubbish troll (I think most people agree on that) but he seems to be a very persistent rubbish troll who also seems to go to the mods and moan and try to get posters banned when people say things he doesn't like. It's pretty transparent really when you just sit back and watch. 

Carry on. 

So who's been banned then?

12 minutes ago, notwell said:

So who's been banned then?

You do understand the words 'to try to get people banned' don't you? That doesn't mean anyone has been banned just that people seem to be trying to get people banned as a deliberate tactic. There have been a huge number of temporary bans in the last 6 months. I'm sure you've probably had some yourself. But the mods seem to have worked out they were having their chains yanked and have changed their approach.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Nope. I'm afraid the moderators haven't realised their chains are being yanked. They are actually fully in on the operation to harass and ban posters. Ans has just permanently banned The Well-Manufactured Man for the above post on the grounds of "spamming". So the answer to Thomas Jefferson's very pertinent question "is Ans a cock" is an affirmative. Yes, he's a total cock, and has no sense of humour whatsoever. This is no surprise. The very abusive people who harassed Jefferson and continue to harass others who touch on topics that upset the establishment are left alone, never banned for their conduct. They are, in fact, sock puppets of the moderators. Ans is a 100% establishment shill and gatekeeper. All the more reason people should continue to post on multiple platforms and work to set up their own, because FREEDOM OF SPEECH is not guaranteed so long as mentalists and tyrants control the platforms.            xx