Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
The Duck of Atholl

Fight Club

17 minutes ago, Mystic Derek said:

Given that I am TJ, I do know.

Weird how you talk about yourself in the 3rd person in other posts here.

Anyhow I never got the impression that they were banned for upsetting the imaginary establishment as you have implied in various other posts. I always had the strongest impression that they were banned out of kindness and for their own good - because their mental issues were peaking off the scale.

And it’s hardly been a significant ban anyhow. Given that their other accounts have been given free rein.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Why do I always seem to be offline when online melodrama ensues??

I doubt you are ever offline. With your multiple phones and idiot VPN accounts.

Just now, pongo said:

I doubt you are ever offline. With your multiple phones and idiot VPN accounts.

You're violating the SP clause there. I can assure you, this is my only username and the moderators can vouch for this.

Edited by Aristotle

Just now, Aristotle said:

You're violating the SP clause there.

I have no idea what you are blathering on about and don’t care either.

Technically it isn't a thread derail, nor an accusation, just a statement of fact. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aristotle said:

I have no idea what you are blathering on about and don’t care either.

Perhaps I have already been banned. How would I know? I frequently go more than 48 hours without logging in here so I probably wouldn’t notice. I’m really not *that* bothered.

• Like 1

A statement of fact? He said I have multiple phones and idiot VPN accounts. Actually, I have one broken phone which I can't afford to replace, which has no internet connectivity, or credit on it (pay as you go), and have no idea how to setup a VPN, and work full-time so have no time to even try and figure it out.

3 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Technically it isn't a thread derail, nor an accusation, just a statement of fact. 

It’s a pity we disagree about Muslims (eta and the dole). Mostly I would definitely buy you a pint.

Edited by pongo

1 minute ago, Aristotle said:

I'm teetotal.

You’re claiming to be Tarne now? Genius.

Edited by pongo

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If you've not worked it out yet let me explain it to you as I have. Whenever a poster seems to touch a raw nerve up pops some of the usual crowd to deliberately start a fight that lots of people get sucked into. What they then do is derail the thread and try to get posters that say what they don't like banned from the Forum. It worked for a while too and caused all sorts of unpleasantness but I think even the mods worked it out in the end. Another recurrent theme of the action is that it normally happens in a thread that mentions Rob Callister exactly when something negative about Rob Callister has been said. This morning it seems to have been triggered by Cue Ball posting his blog link up which was then ripped into by Neil Down. He didn't get a rise out of Cue Ball but he got a rise out of other posters who pointed out that he was deliberately being a dick. He might be a completely rubbish troll (I think most people agree on that) but he seems to be a very persistent rubbish troll who also seems to go to the mods and moan and try to get posters banned when people say things he doesn't like. It's pretty transparent really when you just sit back and watch. 

Carry on. 

Your form of explanation is so wide of the mark it’s pathetic. I don’t expect the mods to get involved in your assumptions but if they did you’d be tucking into large lumps of humble pie by now. I haven’t nor do I intend running trying to get people banned.  If somebody irritates me, the ignore button comes into play. You should try it  I am more than capable of giving and taking stick on here. You should look a little closer to home sunshine.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

It’s a pity we disagree about Muslims (eta and the dole). Mostly I would definitely buy you a pint.

Ha, funny you should say that, I've often thought I'd get on fine in the pub with people like Richard Britten in person (who I disagree vehemently with on certain things on here). At least none of us are talking crap about the flat earth theory :P 

And I'm not teetotal - I'm confused about where that came from.