Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
The Duck of Atholl

Fight Club

28 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I'm sensing a rather discombobulated equilibrium about this place this evening. Reassuring in a sense, but disconcerting at the same time. 

Like two wanks in a row. 

Check back on your opening diatribe...

MF doesn't do big stinking festering piles of shite. But if it did, they'd be the biggest, stinkingest, most festering piles of shite in the world.

Good work, boys.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, woolley said:

MF doesn't do big stinking festering piles of shite. But if it did, they'd be the biggest, stinkingest, most festering piles of shite in the world.

Good work, boys.

+1. The establishment is winning. Rather than a mature talking point for local politics, which it used to be, it's been reduced to local online infighting and personal abuse. Divide and Conquer. At its best.

"which it used to be"

When was that? I've read threads from over a decade ago and they were exactly the same infighting and nonsense, and by the very same people who do it still.

4 hours ago, Aristotle said:

"which it used to be"

When was that? I've read threads from over a decade ago and they were exactly the same infighting and nonsense, and by the very same people who do it still.

To be fair, MF was good enough until original TJ's unhealthy obsession was triggered.

That's made me think about the original TJ,  the boy who was so concerned about people liking him, the mods, the forum elders, everyone. You had the chance to like him but now he wants to be hated. What have you done to the poor child? 

Nonsense. As I posted before, I've read back on threads posted over a decade ago, years before TJ joined, and it was endless insults and bickering back then as well, with people flouncing because of being harassed. TJ was one of the forum's best posters in terms of posting diverse topics and encouraging debate. It was a nice break from the usual tedious topics that are boring and of no interest to young people.

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

+1. The establishment is winning. Rather than a mature talking point for local politics, which it used to be, it's been reduced to local online infighting and personal abuse. Divide and Conquer. At its best.

Really?

There's very little debate because essentially no one in government or the civil service can do anything right. They're all paid too much and all part of some big conspiracy. 

That's the position of 90% of the posters.  How are you going to get reasoned debate? The arguments are coming when people actually go against that entrenched view of the masses.

I'm not entirely sure historic threads seem to hold a better level of debate.   They full of the usual negative shite by a number of the same people with the usual 'new' posters springing up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, notwell said:

I'm not entirely sure historic threads seem to hold a better level of debate.   They full of the usual negative shite by a number of the same people with the usual 'new' posters springing up.

Why are you on here all the time then you argumentative little tosser? 11,000 posts full of argumentative nonsense and the constant belittling and shouting at any poster who dares to express an opinion that criticizes anything government has done. You're nothing but a sad little troll who clearly has nothing better to do with their time. 

Its a full MF battle royal now the Wankleaks tag team are in the house.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wankleaks said:

Why are you on here all the time then you argumentative little tosser? 11,000 posts full of argumentative nonsense and the constant belittling and shouting at any poster who dares to express an opinion that criticizes anything government has done. You're nothing but a sad little troll who clearly has nothing better to do with their time. 

Strangely enough, I don't think I've ever heard notty shout. It's all in the interpretation I guess. Or maybe I'm going deaf... 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, quilp said:

Strangely enough, I don't think I've ever heard notty shout. It's all in the interpretation I guess. Or maybe I'm going deaf... 

I think you're probably just missing how disturbed "some" people are.