Brexit Is Reversible...

La Colombe

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

How has having a strong sense of racial identity and pride in your nation become stigmatised

Binding race to nationality would have been a big part of that. The racial aspect definitely undermines any possibility of a respectable nationalism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

But it's ok to love your race, isn't it? It doesn't stop you having affinity and empathy for other races. It's how the rest of the world identifies. How has having a strong sense of racial identity and pride in your nation become stigmatised as subliminal, right-wing racism, something to be loathed, to have wagging fingers pointed at? 

Well put Quilp,but I'm afraid after the evidence pointing out and reinforcing the BREXIT case as correct WHATEVER angle one looks at from, we have been well and truly rooked by the EUSSR,the benefits for US never materialized at all,it was promises promises year in year out and in the meantime the whole game was changed from basketball to pingpong,talk about moving the goalposts!!!. Make no mistake we have had a few traitorous PM's  who have sold the UK down the river whilst telling bare faced fucking lies,but. At last we are getting out, at a cost I know, but better that than propping up eastern Europe for many more years and being governed (the UK is still as far as I know a sovereign nation) by a bunch of drunken crooks in the non country Belgium.

Edited by twinkle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

IMG_7541.JPG.0972a42d80a38f644e491ec7e9f66634.JPG

You see, this meme you posted typifies white self-hatred. I can't somehow see a Black man replacing the word 'white' with 'black' and replacing Ian Huntley with Idi Amin. Or a Chinaman and Mao Zedong. It's quite unique really as I've not seen such a trend amongst other races.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, quilp said:

But it's ok to love your race, isn't it? It doesn't stop you having affinity and empathy for other races. It's how the rest of the world identifies. How has having a strong sense of racial identity and pride in your nation become stigmatised as subliminal, right-wing racism, something to be loathed, to have wagging fingers pointed at? 

When right wing racists started moaning about being unloved and unsupported because they were "white".

But it's ok to love your race, isn't it?

What does that actually mean?  You didn't choose to be (insert ethnicity here) or earn the right to be (insert ethnicity) no more than you choose your eye colour or finger prints.

18 minutes ago, quilp said:

What message does that meme intend?

When you replace a pretty young woman with a famous murderer then it becomes obvious how daft the text is. And you realise that the meme is actually about people having a chip on their shoulder.

• Like 1

The wording of the loving and supporting meme speaks in simple terms and expresses the thoughts of many native white people who felt forgotten about, disillusioned and alienated by the current trends and politics of the country they lived in: i.e. the average brexit voter who saw their identity slowly being eroded by multiculturalism/left/liberal influences/anti-colonialists etc. You know, 'better' people. The ones who weren't listening and still wander around in wide-eyed amazement that not everybody thought as they did. 

Just now, quilp said:

The wording of the loving and supporting meme speaks in simple terms and expresses the thoughts of many native white people who felt forgotten about, disillusioned and alienated by the current trends and politics of the country they lived in: i.e. the average brexit voter who saw their identity slowly being eroded by multiculturalism/left/liberal influences/anti-colonialists etc. You know, 'better' people. The ones who weren't listening and still wander around in wide-eyed amazement that not everybody thought as they did. 

Oh, the poor snowflakes.

You're saying that, for the average brexit voter, Brexit is really about race?

• Thanks 1