Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Login

I cannot ignore

36 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I've nothing to apologise for. I don't do revenge.

Ive seen the mood. I'm resigning as a moderator.

i probably won't post for a while either. But before the flounce word is used that's more to do with the fact that I collapsed 3 weeks ago and have been on chemo fighting acute leukaemia 

Says it all about this place.

I wish you a speedy recovery and hope the chemo goes well John. 

• Like 1

Good luck with the chemotherapy. Ignore these sad bitter dicks. 

Wish you all the best for a speedy and complete recovery.

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

i probably won't post for a while either. But before the flounce word is used that's more to do with the fact that I collapsed 3 weeks ago and have been on chemo fighting acute leukaemia 

Really sorry to hear that John. You are a giant in the Island legal profession and if I was ever in the shit probably the first number I'd call. Get well soon.

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

That's a very extreme flounce John! 

Thank you for all you've done for the forum. 

All the best. 

• Like 1

Needless to say I wish John a full and speedy recovery. This must be a very stressful time for him and his friends and whilst I would probably have still posted that I thought threatening life bans for just posting a name or linking to a current story appeared excessive if I had been aware I would have posted in a far less robust manner.  

• Like 5

Thank you for being such a good moderator.  

Goog luck. I collapsed just over a year ago. Thought it was curtains  but fine now. Leukaemia is one of those which can be beaten.

• Like 4

As No Tail says Leukaemia is one that can be beaten. Good luck and best wishes John. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, piebaps said:

In the event of a trial a jury would have to judge guilt based on the evidence presented to them. They aren't entitled to know of any previous offences.

The person who searched and linked to judgements.im and the history of this particlular individual was only linking to information in the pubclic domain, however they were making it easier for more people to see and read about it, without possibly recognising that there are potential consequences if there was an arrest, charge and trial.

I do not know about the Isle of Man laws on the subject but certainly in England and Wales there have been cases where juries are told about previous convictions of the defendant if the judge deems it relevant. I was surprised when it happened as I thought non-disclosure to a jury was sacrosanct. I don't think it happens too often but the defendant must be up for trial on something for which they have previously been convicted. I attach a link...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1475077/Juries-will-be-told-of-previous-convictions.html

Ah bugger, sorry to hear about that John, you should be concentrating on getting yourself sorted rather than trying to keep this lot under control.

Good luck mate and hope to see you on here when you are feeling up to it.

Best wishes, John. I don't agree with some of the moderator decisions that go on but can't for the life of me comprehend why anyone is making such a big fuss over this particular moderator decision. The subject is completely unimportant and of no consequence except to the parties involved. I don't think there's much worth discussing about it really at this stage. Please do come back.

• Like 1