Applebys: Something or other about planes and VAT. CM says Panic!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You appear to have got confused about what the job of the media is.  It's about reporting and analysing what is actually happening, not what you personally would like to be happening.  The media are s

What is difficult is that the average man in the street, if not many politicians, do not understand the technicalities of tax, regulatory due diligence or how the various BO registers work.  So a high

A film movie. Yes, that would be good. ...A sleepy little Island of just 85,000 souls  (equivalent population of say, Stevenage) somewhere nestled in amongst the British Isles... Where there

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

I agree that The City is highly immoral but that WILL be changed even if as a result of being dragged kicking and screaming into something closer to decency or by other governments introducing laws to make tax dodging by their citizens or corporations impossible.  It WILL happen and the sooner the better.

But we're not talking about the City. The last time I looked HMRC are not situated in the square mile. I know it's nice and easy and must feel quite fulfilling to direct your anger at those unscrupulous people sat in Mansion House but the truth of the matter lies at the hands of the faceless individuals in government departments situated well away from the pomp and ceremony. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, woolley said:

The thing about the left wingers is they all get together in their social media groups and work each other up into a frenzy about the imminent collapse of the hated capitalist order and they kid themselves into thinking that 90% of the population feels the same way. The 90% of the population actually has a life to live and isn't interested.

According to someone on here if you want serious debate it's not here but Facebook that matters:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, woolley said:

You've found something else to panic about I see. The form that was shown indicated 85% to 15% business/leisure use. Let us wait and see what the investigation throws up. "Bluster but no answer" is what the "journalists" did when asked to turn over the evidence.

Why would I panic about a Customs Officer almost certainly obeying orders?

You're such a drama queen....

3 hours ago, Jasper said:

Believe that and you will believe anything.  Look, even if that is the case the existence and expansion of the use of tax havens is now raising real anger across Europe and the rest of the world who will not forget this immorality inside a week.  As it is our own oligarchs are facing increasing opposition so even here pressure is increasing on the UK to clean up its act. Add BREXIT and there will be no choice, the first thing that will go will be the freedom to facilitate cheating and immorality by the UK protectorates, they will be the sacrificial anodes in an increasingly caustic environment.

You don't even live in the Isle of Man and you're not Manx. Your opinion is irrelevant. It seems likely you are a Russian or Polish agent looking to defame the UK, the Isle of Man and other Crown Dependencies. I bet you're on the Guardian, Daily Mail, and other sites pushing Kremlin propaganda there as well.

21 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

You don't even live in the Isle of Man and you're not Manx. Your opinion is irrelevant. It seems likely you are a Russian or Polish agent looking to defame the UK, the Isle of Man and other Crown Dependencies. I bet you're on the Guardian, Daily Mail, and other sites pushing Kremlin propaganda there as well.

That nice Mr Richard Murphy doesn't live on the Isle of Man and isn't Manx either.....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, notwell said:

According to someone on here if you want serious debate it's not here but Facebook that matters:rolleyes:

Well

On 04/11/2017 at 8:14 AM, NoTail said:

Gettafa, I hope you're in a better mood this morning 

On 04/11/2017 at 9:08 AM, notwell said:

Or sober at least.

And not one of you, my many manxforum friends,  asked "u alright hun"

I would take a photo of my dinner for you but I dropped my phone in a pile of vomit on Douglas Promenade the other night.

• Haha 3
49 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

Great nice to see his hometown put the BOOT in after the Paradise Papers 

https://shepwayvox.org/2017/11/08/the-colourful-geoffrey-george-boot/

Wondered why he was over here....clearly another addicted to the views and beaches....

23 hours ago, P.K. said:

For years if you were to ask anyone in the UK what they knew about the IOM you would always get the same two responses to wit "TT" and "seedy little offshore tax haven" and that is it.

Well, stereotypes just don't make themselves up....

I was surprised that on the Hamilton story that nice Mr Richard Murphy stated he thought Hamilton was unaware of what was going on when it's obvious from his various lifestyle choices that he's pretty tax savvy I would say. I couldn't help contrasting his behaviour with that of Michael Schumacher who over the years donated his time and €millions upon millions to various charities.  One estimate put it at €50m plus. He did it all very quietly as well.

Mr Quayle has gone on record about "transparency" and so forth but presumably only because he's been assured by those who set it up that the private jet tax efficient vehicle for example is not strictly illegal.

However never forget that these schemes are set up for one purpose and one purpose only. That is to make the rich richer and subsequently the poor poorer. That is why they are viewed by most folks as being morally repugnant.

I was alarmed that, if true,  Tynwald has been suborned in the past into legislation to help tax dodgers. Is that legislation still on the statute books is a question that needs answering.

Shameful and shaming....

The stereotype for the BBC and Westminster is pedophilia.Shameful.