Applebys: Something or other about planes and VAT. CM says Panic!

Declan

16 hours ago, P.K. said:

None of which means you shouldn't care about those who are less fortunate than yourself.

Recently another 700,000 old folks and children fell into poverty. Apparently there were at least fifty other Hamiltons which means a loss to the Exchequer of some £150m.

You can do a lot for the disadvantaged with £150m.....

Come off it. If the UK government was really that serious about making provisions for the disadvantaged they would do so already. A few extra quid in tax receipts won't alter policy. 

29 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Come off it. If the UK government was really that serious about making provisions for the disadvantaged they would do so already. A few extra quid in tax receipts won't alter policy. 

It's not a few extra quid though, is it?

It's billions upon billions.

So no Lxxx, you come off it.....

25 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Seems that you are fine whilst dishing it out to everyone, but rather touchy at taking it back. Glass houses and all that...........

I believe you have the rep:

On 12/7/2017 at 9:28 AM, Manximus Aururaneus said:

Why can't you be honest with yourself. You are not a judge, you are not a tax adjudicator. You do not hold any 'moral high ground' at all, you just complain that others in life, more successful than you, should pay higher taxes to support a public service system that you cannot support on your own endeavours.

You can dress it up all you like with a false cloak of high morality - but in truth , it's just jealousy and 'Gimme, Gimme, Gimme'.

What a particularly stupid tirade when you know absolutely nothing about me.Yet your fevered imagination can conjure up all sorts of insulting nonsense. Especially after a drink or three.

Hence I'm expecting your nonsense to get ever more entertaining over the next few days.....

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I believe you have the rep:

What a particularly stupid tirade when you know absolutely nothing about me.Yet your fevered imagination can conjure up all sorts of insulting nonsense. Especially after a drink or three.

Hence I'm expecting your nonsense to get ever more entertaining over the next few days.....

You're looking for an argument - you're not going to get one.

2 hours ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

You're looking for an argument - you're not going to get one.

Oh dear.

My best advice to you is to try and cut back on all the wrong assumptions you make about folks like me.

An apology over your "Gimme, Gimme, Gimme" wouldn't be out of order either. Especially as you asked me if I was going to apologise a little while back.

Maybe,  just maybe,  you should practice what you preach.....

20 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Agree with you. Back to my comments on MoneyVal etc in the other thread. They’re just scumbag initiatives by scumbag agencies controlled by scumbag governments to point all the blame elsewhere. They’re not stopping anything they’re just closing down places like here to herd business to their own poorly regulated low tax economies. 

FATCA is a classic case in point in that article. Signed up by almost every country but the country that proposed FATCA in the first place. Everyone reports to the US but the US reports back to nobody else. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Agree with you. Back to my comments on MoneyVal etc in the other thread. They’re just scumbag initiatives by scumbag agencies controlled by scumbag governments to point all the blame elsewhere. They’re not stopping anything they’re just closing down places like here to herd business to their own poorly regulated low tax economies. 

Which was pretty transparent from the start but the Isle of Man was one of the first to roll over and ask to be tickled. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NoTail said:

For fucks sake longtail get over it,you're not going to fight nobody and nothing will change, the futility of trying to change uk attitudes to pimples which occasionally moan and whinge is obvious.

I was speaking to a couple (whilst at an airport this week) who *were* interested in coming over here as teachers, one primary school and the other high school. 

They told me that the only reason they decided on not coming over was because of the news coverage which this subject of tax avoidance had created.

When I explained a few basic truths about the facts, they actually wanted to come here!

Unfortunately, I explained this government is terminally incompetent so they were better of staying where they are.

Edited by Yin & Yang
Edited for a spelling mistake