Applebys: Something or other about planes and VAT. CM says Panic!

Declan

3 minutes ago, notwell said:

But the rules are pretty clear anyway on VAT.

Clearly if there is a mistake then it nerds rectified.  

If Hamilton imported the Jet into the UK as a business lease jet would he pay VAT on it? 

You just don't get it, do you? Nobody is saying the rules are being broken. What is happening here is that the rules are only just being put under the public spotlight, having been very ambiguous and not understood by the British general public. What we're going to see is more political pressure to change the rules in a way which the British public see as fairer.

Loopholes may be perfectly legal, but they are morally dubious, and they're going to be closed.

Edited by Operation Mockingbird
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, notwell said:

Boredom style breakdown imminent viewers:lol:

PMSL - claims about people being mental :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Wankleaks

Just now, Lost Login said:

Totally agree. We are left to do our own thing provided we do not draw to much attention to ourselves for one reason or the other. Start abusing that or taking the micky then they tweek things to reign us back in.

Oh alleluia! to that brother.

Trouble is, ego and knuckleheadedness overtakes some of our lot.

There's a helluva lot to be said for stfu.

1 minute ago, Operation Mockingbird said:

You just don't get it, do you? Nobody is saying the rules are being broken. What is happening here is that the rules are only just being put under the public spotlight, having been very ambiguous and not understood by the British general public. What we're going to see is more political pressure to change the rules in a way which the British public see as fairer.

There's lots of things in life that are not fair.   Cash in hand isn't fair either to the hard working PAYE workforce.

By far and away the biggest avoidance "issue" lies with huge corporates like Apple etc.  

The rest is almost small change in comparison.   I understand your point about public perception and profile.

It could have been a lot worse for the Island I thought overall.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, notwell said:

There's lots of things in life that are not fair.   Cash in hand isn't fair either to the hard working PAYE workforce.

By far and away the biggest avoidance "issue" lies with huge corporates like Apple etc.  

The rest is almost small change in comparison.   I understand your point about public perception and profile.

PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just now, notwell said:

You've got to remember what he is.

Some baggage there as I'm sure you know. Concerning really.

PMSL what a clown :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10 minutes ago, notwell said:

The truth is that the UK facilitate avoiding tax.

They could quite easily deal with Apple, Google,  Facebook etc but they don't want to.    

The Mrs Brown's Boys lot was an interesting one.  But again, it appears an external (to the uk) production company supplies a product for which the actors appear to be paid offshore.   Are those actors living in the UK?  It's quite some system if they do, that allows them to obtain their pay in this manner.  But again they could stop this by simply stopping any form of loan being untaxed.  What they could do is tax the loan and then the recipient would simply pay back the company the net amount which would not be an issue if it was a genuine loan.

I could never do one of those Mauritius dodges. I'd be too worried about some sleazy Mauritian having it away with my ill gotten. Who you gonna call to complain? Nah. I think I'd rather pay the tax...........  Strikes me that some of the people partaking are too credulous to concern themselves with such detail. The Irish bint sounded too thick to know where her arse is let alone Mauritius.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, notwell said:

You can interpret any way you want, have whatever opinion you want, or deflect by pointing to others all you want.

Nothing you think or say is going to change the prevailing zeitgeist in the major world powers which is firmly opposed to these loopholes and dubious tax and VAT arrangements. Nor the simultaneous move by those same major powers to turn their own countries into de facto tax havens for the super-rich and international corporations. You seem to have your head firmly in the sand, denying the inevitable.  You hammering your keyboard denying the inevitable is a bit like King Cnut commanding the tide to stop coming in.

Edited by Operation Mockingbird
  • Thanks 1