Neck/shoulder/back strain

llap

Does anybody here have experience with neck, upper back and shoulder pain or feeling of strain? I have a really bad feeling like I lean forward at my work desk / computer too much, reading with head down as well as walking with the wrong posture, and now it's starting to hurt / feel strained even when in bed and trying to get to sleep. Tried messing around using more or less pillows to no avail, tried sleeping on my back instead of on the side but can't fall asleep. Does anybody recommend any products, exercises, treatments or anything really that would help? It's been getting worse lately. :wacko:

Edited by llap

17 minutes ago, llap said:

Does anybody here have experience with neck, upper back and shoulder pain or feeling of strain? I have a really bad feeling like I lean forward at my work desk / computer too much, reading with head down as well as walking with the wrong posture, and now it's starting to hurt / feel strained even when in bed and trying to get to sleep. Tried messing around using more or less pillows to no avail, tried sleeping on my back instead of on the side but can't fall asleep. Does anybody recommend any products, exercises, treatments or anything really that would help? It's been getting worse lately. :wacko:

Two bottles of wine of your choice HTH.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Two bottles of wine of your choice HTH.

Drinking alcohol really isn't a long-term solution to sleeping problems. You may well fall asleep, but it's not a restful sleep, as your body is loaded with sugars and the body then turns it into adrenaline or body fat, and you get palpitations, plus it's a habit forming substance so you can become dependent on it.

6 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Hit the gym, lawyer up, and get on Tinder

Tinder on the Isle of Man? Didn't know we had it. I'm always seeing hilarious threads on one of the American FB groups I'm on, where there are all sorts of nutcases on there. I'm going to have to sign up!

Edited by llap

1 hour ago, llap said:

Neck, upper back and shoulder pain sounds like repetitive strain injury to me. Do you use a keyboard at lot? Maybe you should restrict the time that you spend sat at a computer and using your keyboard? It sounds like the muscle strain from your fingers is going up your arm and into your back and shoulders. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, llap said:

Tinder on the Isle of Man? Didn't know we had it. I'm always seeing hilarious threads on one of the American FB groups I'm on, where there are all sorts of nutcases on there. I'm going to have to sign up!

You’ll fit in nicely...

2 hours ago, llap said:

Whatever you do, don’t seek help from professionally trained medical personnel. Far better to elicit the advice from posters on here... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

Maybe you should stop? The repetitive strain is clearly making you quite unwell. 

It's fair enough advice. Think I'll stick to Netflix and give the computer a miss for a while, or be on it less.

15 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Whatever you do, don’t seek help from professionally trained medical personnel. Far better to elicit the advice from posters on here... :rolleyes:

What's the point of wasting NHS time and resources with something that I believe is quite common.

Try putting your computer on a shelf where you can comfortably use it while standing.  I switched to standing at the computer and my work bench several years ago and it saves a lot of back strain.