Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
The Faceman

Panama Papers 2 is due to start later today

You’ve banned Faceman for the sock puppet clause!!!!

The world and his wife have accused him of being a sock puppet, what about them?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Good call by the mods...:thumbsup:

I hope you do get a discount on your subscription for having special needs. It’s unfair to inflict it on others otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

The world and his wife have accused him of being a sock puppet, what about them?

It does seem unfair. 

25 people accuse him of being TJ but he gets banned for fighting back and having a go at one poster for being a sock puppet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Yeah, ban us all.

If Faceman was a new poster and not already on here as someone else and anyone can prove it, I'll leave this forum now and not return.

There's a challenge now ;)

19 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

48hr ban for The Faceman

The sockpuppet clause is still in use on this forum and threads are beginning to descend into shit again. Could have probably dished out a few more.

I'd love to know why the S clause isn't applied to the likes of Pongo, Tarne, John Wright, Chinahand, etc, who keep repeatedly (and erroneously) accusing posters of being TJ.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Oh dear an alleged record of compliance failure, and taking “total crap” as business is referred to.

https://www.icij.org/investigations/paradise-papers/appleby-offshore-magic-circle-law-firm-record-of-compliance-failures-icij/

An unfortunate turn of phrase. 

That doesn't sound good. I hope the FSA are going to investigate them.

9 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

They have to start somewhere. That being said, llap has a valid point...

10 minutes ago, MediaStar said:

It does seem unfair. 

25 people accuse him of being TJ but he gets banned for fighting back and having a go at one poster for being a sock puppet. 

He was pretty much bang on by insulting the sock puppet of a mod. The previous 25 accusations of sock puppetry against Faceman accusing him of being TJ don’t count. As most of them were by the sock puppets of a mod which will never get banned or suspended as they dish it out. They dont take it. 

Edited by hboy

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

“tpwjats gine” is from the same stable as “covfefe”. The latter means “My name is Trump and I’m an idiot” whereas the former means “My name is TJ and I’m an idiot”.

Add [P]Uhtred to the list of posters who need to be banned for violation of the S clause.

Edited by llap

5 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yeah, ban us all.

If Faceman was a new poster and not already on here as someone else and anyone can prove it, I'll leave this forum now and not return.

There's a challenge now ;)

A challenge to a poster we all know is now banned? 

3 hours ago, P.K. said:

Fuck off then TJ.

And another idiot in violation of the S clause.

14 minutes ago, Tarne said:

3 grand for the Queen. Seriously, if that's the biggest they can throw at this then it was all a bunch of codswallop

It clearly isn't the biggest, but it's an attention-grabber "Look even the Queen's at it!".  I actually think it's a mistake because it is so trivial and the Royal holdings (so far) come out looking pretty clean, but there's a tendency for the ageing Blairites at the Guardian to strike anti-monarchist poses to show that they're still really radical, man and in a desperate attempt to distinguish themselves from Tories. 

And of course these are genuinely international revelations and the Queen may be the only Brit some people have heard of.  Not to mention that a lot of the jurisdictions discussed are British or ex-British. 

3 hours ago, Uhtred said:

LOL I do believe that TJ referred to me as “An old bat”

I don't think so, you sad old cow.

• Like 1

Anyway, five pages in and I give up. Lots of people seem smugly self-congratulatory that this first of two episodes didn't look too bad for the island. Maybe wait for episode two and also actually try reading the written reports from the organisation of journalists which will find its way into the Financial Times and other world print media before jumping the shark and thinking we've come out smelling of roses.

Edited by llap
  • Like 1