Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Lagman

Tripe -

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/the-island-wont-escape-climate-crises/

- Caarjyn Y Theill Ellan Vannin, the Island branch of Friends of the Earth, has repeated its call for all carbon fuels to be left in the ground, as the government explores options for gas in Manx waters.   -

So if we do have a relative fortune in the ground and we seem to need it, we just leave it there? - screw that.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/dhsc-must-become-sustainable/

Streamlining DHSC to make sustainable

- from the Examiner -

The goverment has given £30,000 to help to raise awareness of global development issues among local people.The One World Centre is the first recipient of the goverment's new Global Development Education and  Awareness grant.

Hmmn.

-

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bellefield said:

its a good point

Indeed it is. Moffatt is something of a dinosaur these days and appears to be reviled by many on MF. But neither of those things means that he’s wrong. I share his view that, in terms of external representation, Bell (whom I generally had little time for) was head and shoulders superior to Quayle; more articulate, had a far better understanding of the issues and wasn’t a grand-standing twat. I doubt very much however that Tynwald will heed Moffatt’s invitation to consider whether the leadership needs to change.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Bell (whom I generally had little time for) was head and shoulders superior to Quayle; more articulate, had a fat better understanding of the issues and wasn’t a grand-standing twat.

Yes. Yes. No. Not a hope in hell.

Bell spoke well, wore sharp suits and had presence. He also craved media attention and the bigger the stage, the better.

As regards an understanding of issues; the major matters that he was involved with that the Island still experiences fall out from are done to death on these boards with good reason.