More shootings in the U.S.

De nada

9 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no

i notice you didn't pull tiny richard up on his fakenews about the alt-right:rolleyes:

proven to be false by the police.....

I've freely criticised Richard on here, I find him to be far too over the top and intolerant.

Edited by mojomonkey
Stupid autocorrect
  • Thanks 1

My understanding is that Nikolas Cruz was rascist, anti-Islam and anti-immigrant.  

I have to say Woody's postings claiming some moral equivalency between a woman's right to choose and a school massacre despicable. 

I agree guns don't kill people - people, however, do all to often kill people using guns and the easier it is for people to get hold of guns the more likely people are to be killed by them.  They are far more deadly than knives, axes etc especially when you add in suicides and accidents as well as the murders committed with them - the instances they provide legitimate self defence are insignificant.

The idea that a constitutional right for a well regulated militia and the citizens' right to bear arms means no control of weaponry whatsoever and an open-carry free for all just shows how juvenile the political debate in the US has become.

How a society can become such an echo chamber that the types of argument Woody triumphs are taken seriously is beyond me, but such is the reality of America.

Sentient's thread on the subject is an interesting topic - the US is basically Dickensian - holding the best and the worst.  I really hope the political mood does decisively shift against the NRA - they have so much blood on their hands.  Blood, basically, which is spilt in no other advanced society; where any thinking person can see that the free availability of weaponry is not a social good, but a sign of dystopia.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

My understanding is that Nikolas Cruz was rascist, anti-Islam and anti-immigrant.  #1

I have to say Woody's postings claiming some moral equivalency between a woman's right to choose and a school massacre despicable. #2

I agree guns don't kill people - people, however, do all to often kill people using guns and the easier it is for people to get hold of guns the more likely people are to be killed by them.  They are far more deadly than knives, axes etc especially when you add in suicides and accidents as well as the murders committed with them - the instances they provide legitimate self defence are insignificant.#3

The idea that a constitutional right for a well regulated militia and the citizens' right to bear arms means no control of weaponry whatsoever and an open-carry free for all just shows how juvenile the political debate in the US has become.

How a society can become such an echo chamber that the types of argument Woody triumphs are taken seriously is beyond me, but such is the reality of America.#4

Sentient's thread on the subject is an interesting topic - the US is basically Dickensian - holding the best and the worst.  I really hope the political mood does decisively shift against the NRA - they have so much blood on their hands.  Blood, basically, which is spilt in no other advanced society; where any thinking person can see that the free availability of weaponry is not a social good, but a sign of dystopia.

#1- prove it

#2- you have made that connection not me

#3-knife crime in london?

#4- i use multiple sources before coming to a decision, unlike some   

:whistling:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Why are you lot engaging with woody, he'll only argue as long as you do and keep bringing in fake fact after fake fact. At the end of it all he will end up arguing against himself...

no fake facts from me:lol: however china's  "was rascist, anti-Islam and anti-immigrant" is clearly fake.....

37 minutes ago, woody2 said:

no fake facts from me:lol: however china's  "was rascist, anti-Islam and anti-immigrant" is clearly fake.....

Can we the source for the alleged Antifa connection then? You've already said it wasn't the BBC and no source has previously been given by anyone on this thread for it. You must be interested in truthful stances after all.

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

Can we the source for the alleged Antifa connection then? You've already said it wasn't the BBC and no source has previously been given by anyone on this thread for it. You must be interested in truthful stances after all.

i notice yet again you don't challenge chinahands post...

:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, woody2 said:

i notice yet again you don't challenge chinahands post...

:rolleyes:

I have no comment positive or negative on chinahands post.

I notice you are once again avoiding the question. If you really are never wrong and only post the truth you must have no reason not give your source.

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

#1- prove it

#2- you have made that connection not me

#3-knife crime in london?

#4- i use multiple sources before coming to a decision, unlike some   

:whistling:

#1 I don't think you could say the Telegraph is a promoter of fake news?

#2 Erm ... no I didn't make the connection ... look at the image you posted up.  It made the connection - that connection is despicable. 

#3 Comparative statistics are always problematic and thirty seven thousand reported knife crimes and knives been used in 238 homocides is serious (ONS source) but that IS for the entire UK. The city of Baltimore, on its own, had 318 homicides in 2016. 

Please, do not try to say the US's experience with guns has anything to teach the UK about reducing crime (and suicides and accidents) - there were 685 homicides in the UK in 2017 in total.  While in the US in 2010 606 people were killed just in gun accidents, 19,392 used them to commit suicide, and they were used in 11,078 homicides.  The US's murder rate, at over 4 times the UK rate is just the start - the toll guns take in suicide and accidents alone should make any reasoned person wish to limit the damage they do.

#4 Woody, do you really use multiple sources - your postings and links may come from many different places, but they have a monotony of bias towards a certain political mindset.