Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
vikingdoom

What's going on at nobles

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

more actual discussion with the public rather than a survey monkey with fixed answers would be better. 

I couldn't agree more. A point I recently made to some in Govt on that very subject. Spending time trawling through social media comment often provides a very useful set of commentary on a debate and should be utilised in conjunction with the more formal replies that are submitted. Its all valid comment at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

That is indeed the T&C's that I joined under in 1990 and prevailed in general for those under that scheme - albeit there was a hefty hike in contributions a few years ago. 

However, I assure you I am not starting on £37,679. That must be a different banding of HEO. I'm considerably less than that.

I don't quite understand this reply. Have the pay scales altered or perhaps you are not full time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hmmmm said:

I don't quite understand this reply. Have the pay scales altered or perhaps you are not full time?

I’m definitely not on £37679

14 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I’m definitely not on £37679

Ok, £40,000 then:D

• Like 1

An individuals salary is nobody's business other than the individual, the employer, and the tax authorities. That's the law.

Public sector 'pay bands' are, and of course should be, a matter of public knowledge and scrutiny.

2 minutes ago, Manximus Aururaneus said:

An individuals salary is nobody's business other than the individual, the employer, and the tax authorities. That's the law.

Public sector 'pay bands' are, and of course should be, a matter of public knowledge and scrutiny.

I agree. The salary band didn’t seem to be accurate though from what others have said. 

People like Derek and Stu Peters stick their heads above the parapet and post under their own names and we shoot them to pieces on here. I always think that's pretty harsh and that this place is better for having such commentators on here. Really, we should be ranting at the rest of the bunch who take the government shilling and don't even try and justify themselves.

Edited by parchedpeas
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I couldn't agree more. A point I recently made to some in Govt on that very subject. Spending time trawling through social media comment often provides a very useful set of commentary on a debate and should be utilised in conjunction with the more formal replies that are submitted. Its all valid comment at the end of the day. 

Trawling through social media will only confirm:

a) what you already know, in which case you should have done whatever it was you were supposed to do earlier; or

b) you don't like what you are reading... in which case you definitely won't make any changes because it will directly affect your cause.

As I see it IOM DHSC is now reacting to what happened in UK NHS at least two years ago, possibly three years ago; in fact, in the usual time honoured fashion.

I hope Derek is more efficient at the hospital than that other ex-copper on the reception there.

The last conversation I had there was...

Ex-copper: Hello

Me: Hello, can you...

Me: Hello, can you ple....

The queue soon builds up when he's on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

So  are you to be full time in this role?

That’s an interesting question actually because if someone is on less than the publicised pay scales it can only be for that reason I assume. 

Hey Derek, if you can get managers to actually manage (ie 'lead') rather than do stuff like fanny about and firefight complaints with bs and wriggling off the hook, then you are worth every penny.

There needs to be a good team leading our wonderful hospital that makes the staff feel they are appreciated, as the vast, vast majority of the public feel.

Not sure if that is above your remit, but just thought I'd say it anyway.

• Like 4