Jump to content

What's going on at nobles


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s the typical problem throughout Government. Ask civil servants what they think they should do to save money and you get back a load of fucking clueless idiotic things because most of them are fuck

People like Derek and Stu Peters stick their heads above the parapet and post under their own names and we shoot them to pieces on here. I always think that's pretty harsh and that this place is bette

Thanks for the feedback However, please read my original post.  I'm very keen to keep working and contributing, as most of my former colleagues are. I looked at both the public and private s

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ptarmigan said:

Maybe ex dci derek flint will come on and tell us.  I hear he’s working up at nobles now....

 

5 hours ago, localyokel said:

After being medically pensioned off? Another gravy trainer who seems to find it impossible to get off the train. 

I heard these rumours as well, from a very well reliable source, who in turn got the information from another well placed source. Still, the Isle of Man Where You Can .........

Incidentally I’m not criticising Mr Flint if this story is correct, good luck to him, I hope he is as successful to the health service as he was to the Police service. I’m sure he is head and shoulders more qualified for whatever the role is. 

Edited by 2112
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Didn’t Flinty have dodgy hips? I hope he’s not pushing trolleys around. 

Don’t think that’s his specialty. I would be surprised if he isn’t one of the many layers of management, too many chiefs not enough ........... as the saying goes! Still it’s only money!

Just a thought could he be Kate’s PR Man? Government bullshit on tap.

Edited by 2112
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a lot to tell actually - as ironically I'm still waiting for my police check! I am however due to start up there as business and Performance manager having applied several months ago. Employed to help the place run better and thus improve things for patients and cut costs.

Gravy Train? I was medically discharged from the Police due to arthritic hips meaning I couldn't meet the occupational requirements. Simple as that. I'm 49 and still have a lot to offer, whether it was the public or private sector. There is very little in the latter which matches my skills and  experience. Anyone who knows me recognises I'm not going up there to sit on my backside. It's a middle manager non- pensioned role and they will get value for money from me. I can't operate any other way.

I bring a different perspective with me, and there is a real appetite for change up there. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Oh, and I didn't get a look in at any of the recently advertised PR jobs! 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Not a lot to tell actually - as ironically I'm still waiting for my police check! I am however due to start up there as business and Performance manager having applied several months ago. Employed to help the place run better and thus improve things for patients and cut costs.

Gravy Train? I was medically discharged from the Police due to arthritic hips meaning I couldn't meet the occupational requirements. Simple as that. I'm 49 and still have a lot to offer, whether it was the public or private sector. There is very little in the latter which matches my skills and  experience. Anyone who knows me recognises I'm not going up there to sit on my backside. It's a middle manager non- pensioned role and they will get value for money from me. I can't operate any other way.

I bring a different perspective with me, and there is a real appetite for change up there. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Oh, and I didn't get a look in at any of the recently advertised PR jobs! 

 

it will be interesting to see if you have the cojones to tackle THE OBVIOUS to many of overmanning and slack working practices which are fucking RIFE in the iom hospital and seem to be accepted by our current managers.START AT THE TOP MR FLINT, i dare you, we will then see a few cages being shaken hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Not a lot to tell actually - as ironically I'm still waiting for my police check! I am however due to start up there as business and Performance manager having applied several months ago. Employed to help the place run better and thus improve things for patients and cut costs.

Gravy Train? I was medically discharged from the Police due to arthritic hips meaning I couldn't meet the occupational requirements. Simple as that. I'm 49 and still have a lot to offer, whether it was the public or private sector. There is very little in the latter which matches my skills and  experience. Anyone who knows me recognises I'm not going up there to sit on my backside. It's a middle manager non- pensioned role and they will get value for money from me. I can't operate any other way.

I bring a different perspective with me, and there is a real appetite for change up there. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

Oh, and I didn't get a look in at any of the recently advertised PR jobs! 

 

Is it a two year contract type arrangement?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, notwell said:

Is it a two year contract type arrangement?

No, permanent position. I’m really looking forward to it. As a regular service user, (7 weeks out of shoulder surgery, performed 21 months from being listed between no the most recent) I’ve met a lot of good people doing a great job. The top corridor knows things are needing improving so the practitioners can do their very best for people and are slowly in the process of turning the ship around. 

What really surprised me when I researched the job is the size of the operation. There are a huge amount of people up at Nobles, and there aren’t many who actually do something other than deal with service users. 

I’ve got a reasonable track record of improvement, so I’m hoping to be part of the solution. Interesting times ahead for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twinkle said:

it will be interesting to see if you have the cojones to tackle THE OBVIOUS to many of overmanning and slack working practices which are fucking RIFE in the iom hospital and seem to be accepted by our current managers.START AT THE TOP MR FLINT, i dare you, we will then see a few cages being shaken hopefully.

Good post. However Malcolm Couch, Kate’s Sidekick should have the guts to trim the layers of fat within the DHSC and Nobles in particular. Sadly he is very much IOM establishment, won’t rock the boat, upset people or politicians. It could be argued that some civil servants are enticed by the prospects of a ‘gong’ in the honours list! 

If Derek wishes to make a positive start at Nobles he could address the parking problems up there. Perhaps it could be a valuable income revenue stream.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

No, permanent position. I’m really looking forward to it. As a regular service user, (7 weeks out of shoulder surgery, performed 21 months from being listed between no the most recent) I’ve met a lot of good people doing a great job. The top corridor knows things are needing improving so the practitioners can do their very best for people and are slowly in the process of turning the ship around. 

What really surprised me when I researched the job is the size of the operation. There are a huge amount of people up at Nobles, and there aren’t many who actually do something other than deal with service users. 

I’ve got a reasonable track record of improvement, so I’m hoping to be part of the solution. Interesting times ahead for sure.

So basically you’ve had a 20 plus year career for the Police, been pensioned off with a massive pension, and have now walked into a permanent senior manager role in the DHSC for another 15 years of taxpayer funded salary. Sorry, but to me that is classic gravy trainer activity. It shouldn’t be allowed. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, localyokel said:

So basically you’ve had a 20 plus year career for the Police, been pensioned off with a massive pension, and have now walked into a permanent senior manager role in the DHSC for another 15 years of taxpayer funded salary. Sorry, but to me that is classic gravy trainer activity. It shouldn’t be allowed. 

So is the guy not allowed to work? Would you be happier if he was unemployed? A job was advertised he went for it and got it. What' the issue? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree with localyokel to a great extent. To me, roles like this should all be about Health Experience, Health Service Job Analysis experience as well as knowledge of HR processes and related laws.

It does all sound like yet another ticket for the gravy train.

They need to treat economy, efficiency and effectiveness far more seriously and professionally. We will need qualified and experienced outsiders to assess it properly.

 

Edit to add: I wonder how Derek would have felt if they had they brought in a nurse to the police station to assess his productivity and check over his investigative processes?

 

 

.

 

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...