Untrustorthy Civil Servants

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It just makes sense to have all the information in one spot.  Sadly because people would abuse this, and the fact we don't have sufficient protections from stopping them, we can't do it. 

The Commissioner is quite right though. Some of the civil servants are so crooked that it will inevitably be abused. They need to get penalties in place first. We all know what the Island is like. Som

Shouldn't take applebys long to work out who stole their data then.

It just makes sense to have all the information in one spot. 

Sadly because people would abuse this, and the fact we don't have sufficient protections from stopping them, we can't do it. 

• Like 6

But you do though.

They know what you earn, where you live, where you work, you date of birth, national insurance number, your marital status, what car you drive, you medical history, your phone numbers, where you go on holiday..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tarne said:

It just makes sense to have all the information in one spot. 

Sadly because people would abuse this, and the fact we don't have sufficient protections from stopping them, we can't do it. 

The Commissioner is quite right though. Some of the civil servants are so crooked that it will inevitably be abused. They need to get penalties in place first. We all know what the Island is like. Some of those nosy crooked bastards will be all over friends and families data or using it to dig dirt on their girlfriends ex or whatever. They won’t be able to help themselves. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's exactly what I would do. Well, actually I'd attempt to dump all the information first, and then release it publically, so we could see all the details of our elected officials and their cronies. 

And if you wanted to crack one off over your ex girlfriends affairs, then go for it. 

1 minute ago, notwell said:

Not really.

All you have to do is ensure there is an audit trail from any data access which is easy enough to do.  

AND the appropriate penalties on the books to dissuade any CS creeps from abusing their positions, not fucking slaps on the back of the hand penalties either jurby hilton minimum.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Tarne said:

That's exactly what I would do. Well, actually I'd attempt to dump all the information first, and then release it publically, so we could see all the details of our elected officials and their cronies. 

And if you wanted to crack one off over your ex girlfriends affairs, then go for it. 

you should really get yourself a partner of the opposite sex. Your fixation with "cracking one off" is unhealthy

4 hours ago, The Faceman said:

I wouldn’t give any of those idiots the steam off my piss never mind my personal data. 

But you have given them your information, I would hazard an educated guess that the Government know more about you than you think they do. Despite your protestations in the vain hope that you come across as some kind of rebel who flies under the radar you are well and truly in the system.

21 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

But you have given them your information, I would hazard an educated guess that the Government know more about you than you think they do. Despite your protestations in the vain hope that you come across as some kind of rebel who flies under the radar you are well and truly in the system.

I just found one of your old random outbursts on Judaism 

i thought you were never ever coming back here? Three days later ... 

Edited by localyokel

What are the equivalent legislative safeguards in other jurisdictions and what penalties to they impose for willful misuse of data?

• Like 2