Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ans

New Rules

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Cascarino said:

Seriously? Who in their right mind let's a seven year old on to social media. Even when they reach secondary school their usage would need to be monitored.

About half the mums today, sadly.  I think it's quite frightening to let youngsters have such access, but it seems I'm an old fuddy duddy, whatever the fuck that is.

 There is luckily a way for the parent to monitor the child's usage. A bit like here really :o

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chinahand said:

In our suspended status I wonder who is our youngest member?  1989 is 28 years ago. Young but not exactly a babe-in-arms. 

And the oldest?

Youngest. TJ?  

Maybe Accoustically Challenged or Tarne?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Well our youngest got her first mobile at something like 12 years old. Luckily it was only things like MSN then.

Looking at younger family members now and it seems 7 years old is ok  for a mobile and facebook, WhatsApp etc. Scary or what ?

Seven?

Ridiculous more than scary.

One of my kids is seven.   Zero chance they'll be engaging with mobile phones, facebook what's app etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well you’d hope not Neil, but the posters who seem to always make accusations regarding people’s apparent (self claimed to them) mental health are still happily posting and still happily posting up those sort of statements. If people were genuinely worried about self harm maybe it would be more constructive to ask those posters not to continually go around making claims that other posters are mental? I dont see much abusive behavior that could cause anyone to self harm outside of that sort of thing to be honest. Do you agree? 

I don’t think for one moment they mean it in the way you seem to be implying, and I’m certainly not getting drawn into your arguments. This is my last word on this particular topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, notwell said:
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Well our youngest got her first mobile at something like 12 years old. Luckily it was only things like MSN then.

Looking at younger family members now and it seems 7 years old is ok  for a mobile and facebook, WhatsApp etc. Scary or what ?

Seven?

Ridiculous more than scary.

One of my kids is seven.   Zero chance they'll be engaging with mobile phones, facebook what's app etc.

Can I quickly point out that I am not talking about immediate family here.;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well you’d hope not Neil, but the posters who seem to always make accusations regarding people’s apparent (self claimed to them) mental health are still happily posting and still happily posting up those sort of statements. If people were genuinely worried about self harm maybe it would be more constructive to ask those posters not to continually go around making claims that other posters are mental? I dont see much abusive behavior that could cause anyone to self harm outside of that sort of thing to be honest. Do you agree? 

I think you're deliberately shit stirring and over playing things.

It's quite clear what has been going on here and that individual is mentally unwell. 

If people act in that manner they can expect to get called out for it.  The vile approach of it is quite disturbing. As evidenced in the PM received by Quilp. 

Only a nonce defends that sort of behaviour and tries to imply blame could be shifted to others in relation to that nutters wellfare.   

It obvious what is going on here.:lol:

 

Edited by notwell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, notwell said:

I think you're deliberately shit stirring and over playing things.

It's quite clear what has been going on here and that individual is mentally unwell. 

If people act in that manner they can expect to get called out for it.  The vile approach of it is quite disturbing. As evidenced in the PM received by Quilp. 

Only a nonce defends that sort of behaviour and tries to imply blame could be shifted to others in relation to that nutters wellfare.   

It obvious what is going on here.:lol:

You really need to work on your own paranoia before you start on other people. Neil made a good point but you do seem to be utterly obsessed with making observations about other peoples mental health. It really is very repetitive, unpleasant, and very unnerving. I think Neil quite rightly made a good point on suicide risks above and actually I was more referring to Tarne who had made a post about mentals and meltdowns right above Neil’s. But you’re also one with a very unnerving interest in other people alleged mental problems. I’m not winding you up here at all but have you seriously considered that you might be paranoid? A lot of your claims are just Groundhog Day. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard my name and I came. Then I wiped it off, and here I am.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You really need to work on your own paranoia before you start on other people. Neil made a good point but you do seem to be utterly obsessed with making observations about other peoples mental health. It really is very repetitive, unpleasant, and very unnerving. I think Neil quite rightly made a good point above and actually I was more referring to Tarne who had made a post about mentals right above Neil’s. But you’re also one with a very unnerving interest in other people alleged mental problems. I’m not winding you up here at all but have you seriously considered that you might be paranoid? A lot of what you claim is just Groundhog Day. 

What's there to be paranoid about?

Are you denying that there has been a particularly vile poster posting here under a number of user names abusing people? And that website that was set up do you think those are the actions of someone of sound mind (when taken in conjunction with their 'efforts' here)?

"Unnerving" :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Declan said:

Youngest. TJ?  

Maybe Accoustically Challenged or Tarne?

 

Acoustically Challenged is a great lil' fella. He was at one of the forum meetings. @thebees bee lined him, and had him lined up as a potential son-in-law, a suitor for her eldest lass. A mother can be quite persistent in such situations, Ms Bees more so. IIRC the lad crammed in a few chocolate cakes, put some more in his pocket for later, downed his J2O and did a sharp exit.

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, notwell said:

What's there to be paranoid about?

Are you denying that there has been a particularly vile poster posting here under a number of user names abusing people? And that website that was set up do you think those are the actions of someone of sound mind (when taken in conjunction with their 'efforts' here)?

"Unnerving" :lol:

 

I couldn’t give a shit to be honest and this is just paranoid nonsense. Do you think it’s the Boston Strangler setting up sock puppets or Ted Bundy? I have no idea even whether there are so many sock puppets anyway as the post count is massively down so it looks like nobody has reverted back to their main accounts and come back to post, so for all I know they’ve binned off a load of genuine posters who now can’t set up new accounts and that’s why there’s now hardly anyone posting. You clearly (think you) know more than me. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Acoustically Challenged is a great lil' fella. He was at one of the forum meetings.Thebees beelined him, and had him lined up as a potential son-in-law, a suitor for her eldest lass. A mother can be quite persistent in such situations, Ms Bees more so. IIRC the lad crammed in a few chocolate cakes, put some more in his pocket for later, downed his J2O and did a sharp exit.

And hasn't been seen since. Has TheBees got a basement?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slinkydevil said:

And hasn't been seen since. Has TheBees got a basement?

Don't know, but she may have a lower level :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I couldn’t give a shit to be honest and this is just paranoid nonsense. Do you think it’s the Boston Strangler setting up sock puppets or Ted Bundy? I have no idea even whether there are so many sock puppets anyway as the post count is massively down so it looks like nobody has reverted back to their main accounts and come back to post, so for all I know they’ve binned off a load of genuine posters who now can’t set up new accounts and that’s why there’s now hardly anyone posting. You clearly (think you) know more than me. 

Binned off a load of genuine posters? :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, notwell said:

Binned off a load of genuine posters? :lol:

FFS get a grip. You’re the one who sounds mental to be honest. The post count is massively down. It’s not inconceivable that a few posters now have no access to post as it they were sock puppets that were binned off nobody has clearly reverted back to their main accounts have they? Theres just a big drop in posts. I don’t give a toss but personally I doubt the Phantom of the Opera is in his underground lair plotting revenge on Manx Forums as I’m not an idiot. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...