Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
ans

New Rules

18 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I couldn’t give a shit to be honest and this is just paranoid nonsense. Do you think it’s the Boston Strangler setting up sock puppets or Ted Bundy? I have no idea even whether there are so many sock puppets anyway as the post count is massively down so it looks like nobody has reverted back to their main accounts and come back to post, so for all I know they’ve binned off a load of genuine posters who now can’t set up new accounts and that’s why there’s now hardly anyone posting. You clearly (think you) know more than me. 

Just to make it clear. Apart from the TJ accounts, there seemed to be a disruptive individual with multiple accounts that was generally filling this forum with shit. He has/is being dealt with.

It was not a nice place to be or moderate. The decision was made to 'temporarily' stop new registrations to stop this abuse - read 'temporarily'.

Post counts may be down (of course), but post quality is up IMO. 

I will remind people of what was posted in this thread at the very first post:

Remember that this is a private forum, there's no entitlement that anyone has to post here. We have no obligation to let anyone post and you have no "right" to an account. We dont even need to give you a reason for a ban and even if we did, "we just dont like you" is a perfectly acceptable one. 

We're going to look at it again in two weeks and see if anything has changed for the better and if it's something we can be bothered supporting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

TSoS, don't even bother. You are entering a war of attrition and fighting against an endless supply of stubborn nonsense. You cannot win. No one can win.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Just to make it clear. Apart from the TJ accounts, there seemed to be a disruptive individual with multiple accounts that was generally filling this forum with shit. He has/is being dealt with.

It was not a nice place to be or moderate. The decision was made to 'temporarily' stop new registrations to stop this abuse - read 'temporarily'.

Post counts may be down (of course), but post quality is up IMO. 

I will remind people of what was posted in this thread at the very first post:

No issues at all with that Slinky and I totally get it and understand you and the other Mods clearly.  But I am very confused by Notwells apparent and persistent paranoia. I totally get the Mods position and always have since I read this thread from the start. However, and I hope you agree as we have swapped PMs on this many times, I remain utterly bemused by Notwells aggressive attitude and constant accusations against other posters. That was all. I was challenging his claims that apparently there’s some weird “mental” Phantom of the Opera plotting against MF from an underground lair. As it’s just preposterous. As you say a couple of people have probably been dealt with. People need to get some perspective from what I can see. It’s an Internet forum that’s all.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Just now, notwell said:

You're not helping yourself to be honest.

bit rich from you given you can never admit you are wrong when demonstrably you have been . 

Why do you insist on declaring  anyone mental , I find your patronising tone comical .

hope this helps:flowers:

• Thanks 1

I don't want to worry anyone, but the forum is now looking a lot better than it has for a long while. If this carries on, I may be back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You can even change your subtitle text GeeCee! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, paswt said:

bit rich from you given you can never admit you are wrong when demonstrably you have been . 

Why do you insist on declaring  anyone mental , I find your patronising tone comical .

Put it away:lol:

You're no Sultan

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

No issues at all with that Slinky and I totally get it and understand you and the other Mods clearly.  But I am very confused by Notwells apparent and persistent paranoia. I totally get the Mods position and always have since I read this thread from the start. However, and I hope you agree as we have swapped PMs on this many times, I remain utterly bemused by Notwells aggressive attitude and constant accusations against other posters. That was all. I was challenging his claims that apparently there’s some weird “mental” Phantom of the Opera plotting against MF from an underground lair. As it’s just preposterous. As you say a couple of people have probably been dealt with. People need to get some perspective from what I can see. It’s an Internet forum that’s all.

So basically Slinky said exactly what I've been saying yet I'm paranoid. 

Deary me. Slinky has shown you your arse yet you are still droning on.     Comical.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, paswt said:

18 minutes ago, notwell said:

Put it away:lol:

You're no Sultan

Put what away?

I stand by my post .

Hope this helps :flowers:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, notwell said:

Your very rusty rod :lol:

How old are you ?

I think in the words of a poster on this site you "are now just embarrassing yourself"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gee Cee said:

I don't want to worry anyone, but the forum is now looking a lot better than it has for a long while. If this carries on, I may be back!

Late May probably:D

• Like 1

One thing is for sure, the way this Thread has gone Viral with so many Members Posting, the thought of this Forum being Closed Down is Hateful.

3X3