Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
NegativeNeil

BIg babies realize that they cant control doing other people’s dirty work for them on Manx Forums

23 minutes ago, localyokel said:

As I said I’ve said my piece that people should just draw a line under it as constantly goading TJ has the potential to not end well. 

Who is directing their ire at the character TJ? It's not just about him though. I quite enjoyed his humour at times anyway. There are still a few disruptive personalities hanging around sporting a thin veneer of plausibility in their attempts to disguise themselves. Shining the spotlight away from themselves, an'that... 

• Like 2

TJ is/was ok. He just seemed to just become a handy metaphor once he morphed from full name to intials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The to-ing and fro-ing between Lonan3 and TJ could be quite entertaining but he did get some stick at times, from many. Didn't the once funny Boredom bully TJ a lot? I might be mistaken but... 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, quilp said:

Who is directing their ire at the character TJ? It's not just about him though. I quite enjoyed his humour at times anyway. There are still a few disruptive personalities hanging around sporting a thin veneer of plausibility in their attempts to disguise themselves. Shining the spotlight away from themselves, an'that... 

I stood up for TJ for no other reason than the same as James Hampton. I feel quite sorry for him and I don’t think goading him about being mental is going I help. However I note your other comment and to be honest I also notice that you’re not a Mod so whose business is it of yours who should and shouldn’t be allowed to post here? I’m not quite sure where you’re coming from. 

• Haha 1

I never once accused TJ of being mental, I hope he'd attest to that, so cross me off your list. Eccentric, maybe, and he never bombarded me with personal messages. Who posts on here is none of my business, that's what the mods're for. My last comment just reinforces my opinion TJ is being made a bit if a scapegoat because he's always put in the spotlight as the main 'offender' when he's not. 'Others' are also still here, seething.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

I never once accused TJ of being mental, I hope he'd attest to that, so cross me off your list. Eccentric, maybe, and he never bombarded me with personal messages. Who posts on here is none of my business, that's what the mods're for. My last comment just reinforces my opinion TJ is being made a bit if a scapegoat because he's always put in the spotlight as the main 'offender' when he's not. 'Others' are also still here, seething.  

I would agree with you on TJ being a convenient scape goat I didn’t say you said he was mental either. I was addressing others. You do seem to have a very strange view of people seething though (didn’t notwell say something like that too)? I’m struggling to be honest as to why anyone would possibly care enough to seeth about not being able to post rubbish on Manx Forums. I would imagine anyone on the outside of what is going on now would be laughing rather than seething as the main agenda would appear to me to close Manx Forums and posting rates have been really low all week. As I said to not well above I wouldn’t discount people trolling themselves on here in order to grab attention and create a fuss rather than narcissistically believe anyone might care enough to be bothered with them. Let alone that anyone might be ‘seething’ about it as really everyone here is just an anonymous internet poster and a total nobody.

Edited by localyokel

I think the TJ thing is a bit of a red herring here.  Which I suspect you know.

Also to suggest people are trolling themselves is a touch comical.

There is a particular individual who WILL  be twisted with rage that one by one his vile persona's are reducing under the current situation.  But he shouldn't be confused with TJ (who assuming it is who I think it is appears relatively harmless).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, notwell said:

I think the TJ thing is a bit of a red herring here.  Which I suspect you know.

Also to suggest people are trolling themselves is a touch comical.

There is a particular individual who WILL  be twisted with rage that one by one his vile persona's are reducing under the current situation.  But he shouldn't be confused with TJ (who assuming it is who I think it is appears relatively harmless).

I think you may be far too obsessed with analyzing the psychological state of other forum characters to be frank, which might perhaps conceivably prompt you to analyze your own psychology if you are narcissistic enough to believe there are people out there who are literally seething because they can’t interact with fictional characters on an anonymous Isle of Man Internet forum. 

Yet you're concerned about 'bullying ' of fictional characters.

Some masks are slipping. 

4 minutes ago, notwell said:

Yet you're concerned about 'bullying ' of fictional characters.

Some masks are slipping. 

People, sadly, know who TJ is. He has surpassed being a fictional character. That is why I was advocating a level of caution. He unfortunately believes he is TJ. Just like other fictional characters on here believe that they are their forum characters as they spend fsr too much time on here. 

Edited by localyokel

Well as you say you've said your piece (a number of times).

Given the alarmingly familiar tone it's taking I'll leave others to see through it.

@localyokel Pot kettle black. I didn't say anything about any single persons mental health, yet you've just discussed his/her entire medical health file...on the internet. FTR I do not know who any of the trolls are IRL, I have my suspicions about one person but I really don't think it's that important & unless they ruin MF for ever it is of little or no consequence. Ruin MF for ever and "I will hunt you down" (a Hearthstone threat before y'all go calling the police saying I'm being threatening).   

Oh Hearthstone, did someone mention a new brawl, it is on :)

• Like 1

Helix posted, Mission commented, two good posters who probably haven't bothered before because of the way things have been and maybe others who brought something other than disruption and insults will renew their interest. 3fm's headline was good publicity and perhaps stir the curiosity of those who've never heard of MF. It has its place.

The banning and closure has produced results, has it not? Just a few more 'constructs' to go.

@thebees and what you said. 

Edited by quilp
Perhaps
  • Like 2