BIg babies realize that they cant control doing other people’s dirty work for them on Manx Forums

NegativeNeil

Entirely understandable, though I would say that the reaction to this current debate would show that people are keen to see things improve. I've seen posts from people who I've never seen post before. Obviously some of those who make up the numbers we see in viewing hits, but rarely post themselves - sadly likely due to this issue it would seem. I guess it's up to them whether they will make the effort if required.

Sadly I think that the individual in question is unlikely to seek help, despite the fact that at some points they have acknowledged that they are aware of the problem. The pattern of behaviour is clearly cyclical, so it's only a matter of time if the door is opened again I'm afraid. The only other option I can see is validated entry from now on, which as has been discussed comes with its own problems - workload and putting some people off. 

No easy answer I'm sorry to say.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, James Hampton said:

I've seen posts from people who I've never seen post before.

Might I facetiously suggest that this may be because their other accounts don’t work anymore? I’m not sure pinning it all in one direction provides any answers to be honest as if it’s as bad as it’s being suggested by you and others surely the mental health services would have been involved by now? However it has been very quiet on here last few days. 

Edited by localyokel

1 hour ago, localyokel said:

Might I facetiously suggest that this may be because their other accounts don’t work anymore? I’m not sure pinning it all in one direction provides any answers to be honest as if it’s as bad as it’s being suggested by you and others surely the mental health services would have been involved by now? However it has been very quiet on here last few days. 

I don't really know how to answer that. Some things are in the public domain, some things aren't. How do you know they haven't been involved? My concern is that this privately owned public space for discussion is being damaged, and my belief from what I know of the situation is that there is a single person at the centre of the situation. That is not to say that person is responsible for everything that has happened, but I do believe they have been an agitator in a large portion of it (the portion that has tipped things beyond the reasonable). I have good reason to believe this and that's all I can say on that front really. I believe that this is not a healthy cycle of behaviour for the person concerned either, and so figuring out a solution that works is actually in everyone's interest. 

I don't believe this person has stopped posting on MF simply because they don't have access to a live account any more, indeed I don't believe they've stopped posting at all. Anyone who's paid attention to the pattern will guess the same I assume. I do genuinely feel saddened by it as it really is such a pointless creation of stress, but logic is not always easy to come by in certain circumstances as I know full well myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ans locked this topic