Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
NegativeNeil

BIg babies realize that they cant control doing other people’s dirty work for them on Manx Forums

Not much notty, just the usual meltdown syndrome we've all heard before. There'll likely be another anytime soon...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, quilp said:

The seething lurkers still lurk seethingly. The odd post or two carries familiar nuance, even today.

You know who you are...

I don’t think I know how to seeth. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ReverendRamsden said:

(rant removed just so you feel like you completely wasted your time typing it out)

Brill

It's a pretty cool experiment this.

The person involved cannot go more than about 12 hours without logging into one of multiple id''s they've registered and going mental.   But there's a classic conundrum because whilst the new registration ban remains in place they are slowly losing the plot and losing log ins via bans.

This is ace.

• Like 3

It's hilarious, the autism kicks in pretty regularly and they REEEEEEEE out. 

I thought it was just two trolls, TJ and that fella that keeps hurling abuse , specifically at Notwell. 

17 minutes ago, notwell said:

It's a pretty cool experiment this.

The person involved cannot go more than about 12 hours without logging into one of multiple id''s they've registered and going mental.   But there's a classic conundrum because whilst the new registration ban remains in place they are slowly losing the plot and losing log ins via bans.

This is ace.

I couldn't agree more. It makes you wonder though, I too thought that there was only one person causing all the chaos. Bit mad to consider such people are at large.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thebees said:

I couldn't agree more. It makes you wonder though, I too thought that there was only one person causing all the chaos. Bit mad to consider such people are at large.

To be honest the obsession with other peoples mental health is getting a bit boring and more than a bit sinister now. Especially against TJ who I am guessing probably does get treatment from time to time. Bullying someone like that over claimed mental health issues on a public forum isn’t big and it isn’t clever. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of person who would deal with it that well either so if he does bring himself to any harm as a result of what now looks like relentless taunting just to provoke a response from him I hope some of the people on here will be able to look in the mirror. 

That is all. 

Please now carry on abusing whoever you want. 

Edited by localyokel
  • Like 1

There seems to be an 'obsession' around misunderstanding what an obsession is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, notwell said:

There seems to be an 'obsession' around misunderstanding what an obsession is.

Oh come on it’s pretty vile what you (and others) are doing. Taunting him to come on here and have a complete meltdown by constantly harping on about how mental he is and how various people on here have mental problems etc, etc, etc. Its boring now to be honest and you really don’t know how he might take it IRL. If he does something stupid and you can still look in the mirror then fine crack on. That was all. It’s just a pack now trying to pick on him and I doubt he’s the most robust person at dealing with such taunting so I’m guessing there are risks. 

Edited by localyokel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Scampi when you were on here in the run up to the election and you had a couple of people giving you tons of shit did you use the report function at all? A number of threads got bogged down because someone seemed to have it in for you.

No, I don't think I ever did. As discussed it's one of those things really, I don't think I ever would unless I thought someone else was in serious danger. It is perhaps a bit of a quirk of being in a privately owned public space, which is why I made the comparison to a pub. It's not the sort of thing you'd accept face to face in your own house, or probably even if you saw it on the street, but a forum, like a pub, is different isn't it. If you imagine being in a pub and some knobhead starts lobbing abuse at you - most sensible people just walk away or even out of the pub if it's bad enough. Some idiots (like me) probably occasionally see it as a bit of sport at the time, and play the game back - which really helps nobody and I hold my hands up on that. Virtually nobody I would guess would ask the landlord to have said person removed - I think generally people don't like to cause a fuss, they don't like to ask for help and they don't like to inconvenience other people with trivial matters. My assumption is that the report button is very rarely used, even with how bad things can get, and that's my thoughts on why. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, localyokel said:

To be honest the obsession with other peoples mental health is getting a bit boring and more than a bit sinister now. Especially against TJ who I am guessing probably does get treatment from time to time. Bullying someone like that over claimed mental health issues on a public forum isn’t big and it isn’t clever. He doesn’t strike me as the sort of person who would deal with it that well either so if he does bring himself to any harm as a result of what now looks like relentless taunting just to provoke a response from him I hope some of the people on here will be able to look in the mirror. 

That is all. 

Please now carry on abusing whoever you want. 

I made it clear that's why I think the current closure is a very sensible move - in fact the only move. There is a problem, and it does have the potential to become very serious. Simply asking said person(s) to stay away - both for their own and the benefit of the forum hasn't worked. What happens next is up to the owners, but I don't think the issue will be resolved if the door is opened again with no other changes or actions made. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, James Hampton said:

I made it clear that's why I think the current closure is a very sensible move - in fact the only move. There is a problem, and it does have the potential to become very serious. Simply asking said person(s) to stay away - both for their own and the benefit of the forum hasn't worked. What happens next is up to the owners, but I don't think the issue will be resolved if the door is opened again with no other changes or actions made. 

I agree with that 100% which is why I also believe that other posters on here should just draw a line under it. Not sit here relentlessly taunting him about being mental etc etc etc when he has no immediate right of reply and when they have no idea how he might be handling it IRL. Its just trying to goad him into making a move for their own amusement by constantly posting that they think he’s mental when he’s probably reading it all. I just wanted to say my piece. It’s not my issue and I can look at myself in the mirror if anything happens from now on having said what I think. 

It’s also odd when some of the posters saying the above are also admitting this in other threads (which I agree with)

Edited by localyokel

20 minutes ago, localyokel said:

Oh come on it’s pretty vile what you (and others) are doing. Taunting him to come on here and have a complete meltdown by constantly harping on about how mental he is and how various people on here have mental problems etc, etc, etc. Its boring now to be honest and you really don’t know how he might take it IRL. If he does something stupid and you can still look in the mirror then fine crack on. That was all. It’s just a pack now trying to pick on him and I doubt he’s the most robust person at dealing with such taunting so I’m guessing there are risks. 

Well I think it depends who you are talking about really.

No one is really taunting one of them  because he is relatively inoffensive in the main.  However  the other person concerned posts vile abusive  content across a number of threads using multiple log ins.  I'm not sure why anyone should particularly care that he's currently climbing the walls.

We would have to agree to disagree about stating someone is acting mental when they're acting mental.  Trying to apportion some sort of blame to anyone here is a bit fanciful.   More importantly you can place 'the pack' on ignore surely?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, notwell said:

We would have to agree to disagree about stating someone is acting mental when they're acting mental.  Trying to apportion some sort of blame to anyone here is a bit fanciful.   More importantly you can place 'the pack' on ignore surely?

You seem to make a lot of assumptions about a lot of things. All these claims and counter claims about who (in your opinion, or Tarnes opinion) is mental and who isn’t is boring. It’s just repetitive bullying behaviour which might create events IRL. I think it’s probably more likely that you’re being prodded as you’re a wind up merchant to be honest, or maybe your trolling yourself for forum sympathy, rather than buying into the belief that there are serial nutcases who are obsessed with you. Sounds pretty narcissistic to me. 

As I said I’ve said my piece that people should just draw a line under it as constantly goading TJ has the potential to not end well. 

Edited by localyokel
  • Like 1