Newbies assessment -

Uhtred

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

I agree with most of what Uhtred is saying, I've not spoken to many MHK's but the few I have do seem genuine and I suspect that it's a steep learning curve to tackle the architecture of the civil service and established departments.

This - I would assume it takes a yr+ to get up to speed on the finer details,

HOWEVER, I'm sadly disappointed by some of the newbies, I really thought they would do more (even just say more!!) than they have done.

There are a few I'm personally disappointed with tbh, I really though they would give the HOKs the kick up the backside it sorely needs.

But  we are now stuck with them for another 4 yrs, hopefully they will start to gain confidence and start acting on behalf of the electorate and not the establishment.

I don’t know if anybody seen the Facebook comment of apology from Rob Callister? He apologises because he voted in favour of something, when he is against it (Manifesto) - Legco. He has come in for bit of stick. Still if you wish to run your life and constituency by Facebook scrutiny, it’s your choice, in the end nobody wins.

3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

I think he's doing ok, he's actually looking into things and paying attention

For me, and I've said it all along, the real test is when he stops being the Peter Karran role and has to receive questioning.

He'll be in charge of one of the new DFE super-agencies shortly

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know if anybody seen the Facebook comment of apology from Rob Callister? He apologises because he voted in favour of something, when he is against it (Manifesto) - Legco. He has come in for bit of stick. Still if you wish to run your life and constituency by Facebook scrutiny, it’s your choice, in the end nobody wins.

"Has anyone else noticed.." thread.