It's a Dogs life...

quilp

Not sure I'd go quite that far Twinkle; but let's face it, the courts have no effective means of dealing with this sort of thing even if the culprit is arrested. The law and justice is very weak in these sorts of cases and doesn't address the crime, the issues or the problems. Some sort of community shame and retribution is sorely needed.    

13 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest the dog in question barks all day/night and that the owner does nothing about it.

Yep. The law can do very little in these cases. I would advocate poisoning the owner (but just a little bit, your honour).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, thebees said:

That is absolutely terrible, the poor dog :( Are the black bits the poison or what? Like has been said before, how do they know it is poisoned? 

Presumably the owners found dog food in their garden that they hadn't put out themselves mixed in with those black berries and assumed that they were something like deadly nightshade.  It probably isn't (it seems to flower in August and the berries don't last) but it could be something else that dogs don't like (such as, ironically, dogwood) and the person who left them may well thought that they were poisonous anyway.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

...  assumed that they were something like deadly nightshade.  It probably isn't (it seems to flower in August and the berries don't last)... 

A few berries still hanging on the bush in my garden, it flowered late this year. 

• Thanks 1