Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
TheTeapot

The Punisher

Recommended Posts

Cos the weather has been so awful today I've been working my way through the new Punisher series. Its reasonably distracting, I like the guy playing Frank Castle but its got a few flaws. I didn't know they had even made a series of it until I read an article the other day criticising the killing, but I don't think its excessive. Its The Punisher, he's supposed to kill everyone! Worth checking out if you've nothing better to do.

Edited by TheTeapot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I powered through 1-6 over a lazy weekend and will finish it off before the end of the month I guess. Enjoying it so far, as I have pretty much all the solo Netflix Marvel outings (except IF obviously) and Bernthal is pretty good, although I still think Thomas Jane was a better Punisher.  Hoping that the second half of the season leads up to who Billy becomes (no spoilers if you don't know the comics).

Violence is obviously up a level from the other shows but it's not over the top. Micro is probably the best thing in the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am looking forward to watching it as I am quietly working my way through the Marvel series

I am even enjoying Iron Fist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have Netflix (or even a TV!) so am clearly behind the times. The Punisher was in daredevil apparently, so I guess I'll have a look at that next, even though that's backwards. There were a couple of moments in this current series where it was referred to, but I don't think you would have needed to see it to follow what was going on. Having looked it up there is a whole host of marvel programmes I had no idea about, so seeing as its the winter I'll probably work my way through the lot. 2 episodes to go for me, and I have to say I've really enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't owned a TV for 5 years now...mostly because of travelling/contracting. Don't miss it. Love the threatening letters I get chasing licencing now I'm 'settled' again.

Apparently I am 'under investigation' by BBC undercover forces.

50p a stamp? I've had at least 5 letters telling me this.

Nasty threatening stuff. I bet lots of people getting letters like that, even with no TV, probably feel obliged to buy a licence.

These people need legislating against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed Iron Fist and the Defenders too, and Punisher is just chock full of goodies. But yes Albert, I get them too (they are VERY threatening), filed straight into the bin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably way past time to review what we are getting chucking £5m at the BBC and £1m at Manx Radio every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I haven't owned a TV for 5 years now...mostly because of travelling/contracting. Don't miss it. Love the threatening letters I get chasing licencing now I'm 'settled' again.

Apparently I am 'under investigation' by BBC undercover forces.

50p a stamp? I've had at least 5 letters telling me this.

Nasty threatening stuff. I bet lots of people getting letters like that, even with no TV, probably feel obliged to buy a licence.

These people need legislating against.

I'm quite fond of Capita's TV licence threat letters.  They start off all cutesy-pie and then get more and more threatening up to the "WE will be visiting you NOW and kicking your F*CKING DOOR IN."  Then they run out of threats and the cycle repeats.

It would be nice if the Punisher paid a visit to the management of Capita.  Preferably recording the result for YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Bear said:

 Then they run out of threats and the cycle repeats

Yes, the way it gets up to “what to expect in court” and then starts all over again at the beginning is a laugh. 

I have a licence where I’m required to and don’t have one where I’m not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 9:16 PM, ans said:

I powered through 1-6 over a lazy weekend and will finish it off before the end of the month I guess. Enjoying it so far, as I have pretty much all the solo Netflix Marvel outings (except IF obviously) and Bernthal is pretty good, although I still think Thomas Jane was a better Punisher.  Hoping that the second half of the season leads up to who Billy becomes (no spoilers if you don't know the comics).

Violence is obviously up a level from the other shows but it's not over the top. Micro is probably the best thing in the show. 

Blitzed through the last seven and I have to say, Bernthal nailed it and is now the de facto Punisher in my eyes. Definitely up there with JJ and DD Season 1 as the best of the Netflix Marvel shows. 

Funny really, the TV show villians are almost all better than their movie counterparts. Kilgrave, Kingpin, Cottonmouth and now Russo, who I'm looking forward to seeing again in S2 if they make him the big bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finished it now too, it got better as the series went on and you're right, he is the punisher. Excellent show so Ill have a look at all the other stuff. Any recs on where I should start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch them pretty much in the order they came out as they're mostly in sequence 

Daredevil S1
Jessica Jones
Daredevil S2
Luke Cage
Iron Fist
The Defenders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...