Black-eyed Friday

Only one assault case has emerged to date: Manx Radio:

Man left with serious head injuries following assault

The town seemed quite busy. With no night club up t'other end of the Promenade these days, it was interesting to see the crowds migrate from the top end of the Quay and the office pubs, down to the pubs around Victoria Street and on Loch Promenade, but I think everywhere was busy, and good natured. We visited more than 20 pubs, some too packed so moved on.

There was no 'though must drink responsibility' message from the Isle of Man Government this year, which I always look forward to (unless I missed it).

PS I remember one year, it was rather ironic but....wha?...oh, ok, you heard that one.

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Only one assault case has emerged to date: Manx Radio:

Man left with serious head injuries following assault

The town seemed quite busy. With no night club up t'other end of the Promenade these days, it was interesting to see the crowds migrate from the top end of the Quay and the office pubs, down to the pubs around Victoria Street and on Loch Promenade, but I think everywhere was busy, and good natured. We visited more than 20 pubs, some too packed so moved on.

There was no 'though must drink responsibility' message from the Isle of Man Government this year, which I always look forward to (unless I missed it).

PS I remember one year, it was rather ironic but....wha?...oh, ok, you heard that one.

Few signs of trouble in Dalby either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought BEF seemed very tame this year, even round Ramsey. Only saw one "kick off", quickly dealt with by a limited Police presence...all seemed to be very well behaved and good natured otherwise. Still, there's always tonight....:lol:

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Well, it does have a somewhat hollow ring to it after a certain incident does it not?

Which it wouldn't have had if he had resigned as a consequence.

He didn't so it went down in infamy as a classic example of a total lack of integrity.

End of imho....

15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I thought BEF seemed very tame this year, even round Ramsey. Only saw one "kick off", quickly dealt with by a limited Police presence...all seemed to be very well behaved and good natured otherwise. Still, there's always tonight....:lol:

Douglas was quiet out last night so not sure tonight will be busy for a Sunday. Black Eyed Friday wasn’t too bad either it was very busy but not much kicking off.  

I was out Monday and Thursday so gave Friday a miss

Both nights seemed quiet for the time of year in the two restaurants we attended.

Nice to see things becoming a bit more civilised, I've never got the whole let's go out looking for a fight mentality.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mission said:

I was out Monday and Thursday so gave Friday a miss

Both nights seemed quiet for the time of year in the two restaurants we attended.

Nice to see things becoming a bit more civilised, I've never got the whole let's go out looking for a fight mentality.

Best thing that happened to Ramsey for a while is Nightlife closing. Now all the scummers have to go to Douglas for their weekly scraps so at least it’s not our problem any more.