When was this phrase first used? I first heard it about 10 years ago and it was quite novel, but since then it seems no Christmas conversation is complete without it. A race to see who can use the rather witty phrase first.

If it is a relatively new phrase, I wonder could we commemorate it and claim  it as our very own Manx invention (as is the way). Maybe a stamp edition or even a coin in tribute to the Christmas culinary delight.

Edited by gettafa
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, Declan, that’s how they were named over 200 years ago. Before Tesco. And I’m assuming by cooks in better off hiuseholds. Tesco types couldn’t read or write!

Posted Images

Well that turned into an interesting enough thread. I shall regale my family and guests over our Christmas Dinner with my new found knowledge..

Indidentally, I realise that the concept has been around for hundreds of years but it was the proliferation of the phrase over recent years that has been getting to me.

Maybe there was nothing else for me to be grumpy about this Christmas.