Jump to content

Unfinished House


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a lovely example of contemporary Manx architecture that not only nestles sympathetically within the essence of its environment but also reflects the intrinsic nature and facility of the vicinage

Here's an idea, bulldoze it flat, and use the land as a playground for bikes.

He’s not bothered me personally, but I never liked the way he got his government contacts.

Posted Images

The basement swimming pool filled naturally and the house was denied a habitation cert. Serious problems on that build. Not that anyone could have forseen that building a massive house there would present such challenges. Very unlucky.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The basement swimming pool filled naturally and the house was denied a habitation cert. Serious problems on that build. Not that anyone could have forseen that building a massive house there would present such challenges. Very unlucky.

Is that the mansion/town hall that JCK owner is building?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The basement swimming pool filled naturally and the house was denied a habitation cert. Serious problems on that build. Not that anyone could have forseen that building a massive house there would present such challenges. Very unlucky.

when a site foreman is a twat the workers take it out on the build, there is probably more  spite in that build than workmanship,  just a shame the wrong person gets punished with the end result.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those big houses with the fancy gutter/eaves boards on the left going out to Crosby, weren't they at one time refused a habitation cert? There's always a way round these things, even if it means waiting for the planning boss/Minister or whoever it is retire and hope the new one is more compliantly sympathetic.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woody2 said:

who goes to foxdale.......

Many of the occupants of these currently very topical UFOs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gettafa said:

Those big houses with the fancy gutter/eaves boards on the left going out to Crosby, weren't they at one time refused a habitation cert? There's always a way round these things, even if it means waiting for the planning boss/Minister or whoever it is retire and hope the new one is more compliantly sympathetic.

I think it is the middle one of the three that was refused.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WTF said:

when a site foreman is a twat the workers take it out on the build, there is probably more  spite in that build than workmanship,  just a shame the wrong person gets punished with the end result.

Just about the same poor job that they did on Salisbury Street then. Nice to know they make a mess of the projects they do for the boss as well as the ones they do commercially. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WTF said:

when a site foreman is a twat the workers take it out on the build, there is probably more  spite in that build than workmanship,  just a shame the wrong person gets punished with the end result.

This is the origin of the nursery rhyme and fairground experience "This is the house that Jack built"...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, finlo said:

Twisted chimneys?

No, Twisted Chimneys is further up the road towards Peel. There is a group of houses below road level. It is the middle one of those. Not sure why it didn't get a habitation cert as it looks identical to the others

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...