D.O.I another dumb ass idea

5 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

They are usually well intended but completely useless and embarrassing to the DOI sadly. Have you seen the crossing there? Its the second attempt right after someone agreed to a crossing right on the entrance / exit of a bend. Whoever agreed to that was on drugs. There are also no signs up so nobody knows where to enter the car park, or drop off. Then they decide to screw up Hillside Avenue because people obviously moaned about the traffic so they again deploy a retarded sledgehammer to fix a problem that they created in the first place. The sooner the DOI is disbanded the better. We should go back to road gangs fixing things rather than managers creating vast projects to fuck stuff up. 

I couldn't agree more. The DOI seems to have lost their sense of direction completely. I can think of many other cock ups too. 

one that springs to mind is the way they resurfaced over the bumps in Willaston making them invisible in poor light.

Another being the newly completed narrowing of a one way road in Onchan to create parking WTF was that about.( the little road Douglas side of the filling station.

Edited by dilligaf
11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

TBH, I have not even seen what sounds like another complete cock up. Usually they are well intended, but poorly constructed.

I was only taking the piss about crossing further down the road, as that is what we always instructed our kids to do for safety.

Jay walking seems to be the in thing ATM, so you take your chance etc.:)

As a grown up with both feet on the the ground literally a well as eyes and ears, I feel I'm better qualified to judge whether it's safe to cross the road or not rather than these bozos in DOI who I wouldn't trust to tie their own shoe laces. BTW jay walking is something created by americans for americans and american traffic. Somewhat different to Westmoreland road on a Friday afternoon I think.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I couldn't agree more. The DOI seems to have lost their sense of direction completely. I can think of many other cock ups too. 

one that springs to mind is the way they resurfaced over the bumps in Willaston making them invisible in poor light.

Another being the newly completed narrowing of a one way road in Onchan to create parking WTF was that about.( the little road Douglas side of the filling station.

When they employed people to actually dig the roads and make decisions as they actually dealt with the dynamics of the problem they were paid to solve the Highway Board did sterling work. Now it’s the same as every other Dept. Nobody gives a shit. The management is totally detatched from reality and incompetent. And they are looking for “projects” to deliver to justify their jobs and nothing else. To close a road for weeks to deliver a stinking pile of shite seems to create a sense of pride as they think it shows they are doing something. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, louis said:

As a grown up with both feet on the the ground literally a well as eyes and ears, I feel I'm better qualified to judge whether it's safe to cross the road or not rather than these bozos in DOI who I wouldn't trust to tie their own shoe laces. BTW jay walking is something created by americans for americans and american traffic. Somewhat different to Westmoreland road on a Friday afternoon I think.

:)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:
22 hours ago, dilligaf said:

An absolute shame that you use Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon symbol as your avatar to spout such utter shite. :angry:

Maybe you are "on the grass" and the "paper is holding your folded face to the floor" ?

Still a bed wetting tosser I see

Seasons Greetings to you too Sir. :)

Thanks twinkle. :angry:

Edited by dilligaf
On 30/12/2017 at 1:25 PM, yootalkin2me said:

Oh no, your world must be terrible, imagine how awful it must be to drive through three sets of traffic lights. If I were you I'd go to Syria or Afghanistan to let the people who have had their homes bombed and their family members murdered know just how hard your life is, I'm sure they'll be extremely sympathetic, hey, they might even offer to trade places with you.

Ive tried both routes at peak times and the quickest way onto bucks rd is this one. I'm not sure how Africa is relevant other than the state of the roads?besides my car is more economical and emissions friendly when it's actually moving and not sitting idling. 

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:53 AM, twinkle said:
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:35 PM, dilligaf said:

You "liked" the DH's post, so I sarcastically thanked you. :)

I liked the who's post!, have you been on the sauce before the bells.

The post you "liked" was the little boyish drivel by "Dirty Buggane" I shortened his name to DH, D*** H***. :)

n 12/30/2017 at 1:25 PM, yootalkin2me said:

If I were you I'd go to Syria or Afghanistan 

16 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Ive tried both routes at peak times and the quickest way onto bucks rd is this one. I'm not sure how Africa is relevant other than the state of the roads?besides my car is more economical and emissions friendly when it's actually moving and not sitting idling. 

I'm not sure I'd be taking direction advice from you.

25 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Who....both of us or do you think we are one and the same person?

No I was quotting you so that Annonymouse could see you’d mentioned Syria and Afghanistan rather than Africa. 

• Like 1