Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Hillside

Use manxnet mail abroad

Can anyone tell me what settings to modify in mail on my ipad so that i can send email whilst abroad? I seem to remember in the past that it involved changing outgoing port settings from the default 465?

I use manxnet mailpus and can receive email OK but cannot send through the mail op. I’d prefer not to have to use webmail.

Thanks

I find sending emails from Manxnet when off Island to be very difficult - even when in the UK.  They sometimes work depending on the internet connection I think.  Receiving them is OK though, so for sending I just use gmail as suggested.

Thanks for all the comments. I’ve spoken with MT, they say there were problems on Saturday with Apple devices following iOS update and the fix is to remove SSL from outgoing SMTP settings.

I’ve done this on both IPad and MacBook with no improvement, to make things worse I now seem to have lost incoming mail as well!

I was about to say something about "Good luck and don't rely on it" but I see you already know. :) I've got far too many email addresses and things now, I could do with having a digital spring clean. 

Still no go with outgoing email, fortunately I have other accounts whose outgoing SMTP servers I can piggyback onto to send mail from my manxnet account. The issue seems to be with their mailplusout.manx.net SMTP server?

MT seem unable to suggest any options other than to keep playing around with port and SSL settings in the hope that one of them may work - I have and none do.

Set up with Imap rather than pop mailin/mailout.manx.net works off island. 

Edited by immortalpuppet

1 hour ago, immortalpuppet said:

Set up with Imap rather than pop mailin/mailout.manx.net works off island. 

It is set up with IMAP to receive mail, but you still have to use SMTP to send?

4 hours ago, immortalpuppet said:

Yep, default for Imap over SMTP 465 ssl on 

Tried that and also SMTP 587 ssl on - neither work? Outgoing mail sticks in outbox. Servers set as mailplusin/ mailplusout.

Edited by Hillside