Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

Boundary disputes

52 minutes ago, paswt said:

It will be interesting to see if Rob retracts his post with an apology or provides evidence to back up his claims.

I’m not asking him to. This is a silly storm in a teacup which I didn’t start and I’d rather it just went away. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m obviously going daft. I can’t see where swordfish suggests the dispute is with Rob. Why does Rob think he does? 

Can you believe this cunt. He slags swordfish off blaming him as his neighbour now wants to redeem by helping him out. Who voted this dickhead in. This man is in Tynwald court and voting on "our" beha

Whatever, I’m sick of it. The minute his name is even mentioned on here all this bitter shite happens again. I thought that had all stopped now. It’s a bit like Fawlty Towers; whatever you do don’t me

Fair enough , perhaps I'm a bit old fashioned but believe there is no shame in "holding your hand up " and admitting when you are wrong .

TJ regularly has taken  stick on this site in the past  but he/she did have the good manners to retract a post and apologise to me for a false accusation , rather than play the sympathy /victim card  or refuse to accept they cannot be wrong ,like a few on this site ..........sadly.   

6 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

I’m not asking him to. This is a silly storm in a teacup which I didn’t start and I’d rather it just went away. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

FWIW, my advice is to start a blog.  It is the future, I am led to believe. 

If you go back to Cue Balls Blog for October, and read the above reports I think you might find that’s where Cue Balls unbelievable surplus of firewood being blamed on Romanian Gypisies came from. 

https://cueballsdiaryofasadman.wordpress.com/2017/10/06/this-week-week-ending-6th-october/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

44 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Can you believe this cunt. He slags swordfish off blaming him as his neighbour now wants to redeem by helping him out. Who voted this dickhead in. This man is in Tynwald court and voting on "our" behalf. Bloody frightening. 

Rob Callster MHK BSC (not TT not allowed) BLUE DICKY BOW SHOPRITE NOT ON MY CV BECAUSE IM TOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT FOUR AWAY LOUIS GROUP LIES LIES LIES .

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Rob Callster MHK BSC (not TT not allowed) BLUE DICKY BOW SHOPRITE NOT ON MY CV BECAUSE IM TOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT FOUR AWAY LOUIS GROUP LIES LIES LIES .

Yep. I agree with that. What does it mean ???:o

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rob Callister said:

Paranoid maybe as it was an extremely difficult time for my wife and I, we almost lost our home through no fault of our own. 

If you are genuinely having a land dispute then please contact me via rob.callister@gov.im - we spent 18 months putting together our legal case..... so I can help with advice and the right course of action to take, or not to take hopefully...

I doubt you will contact me - as I still believe this all about raking up someone’s past....

If I read that that correctly - you are thinly veiled apologising for jumping the gun to protect your own vanity despite being the most attention seeking vain MHK in IOM history - I hope Swordfish contacts you Rob because as his constituent Rep you are obliged to help him....................

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If I read that that correctly - you are thinly veiled apologising for jumping the gun to protect your own vanity despite being the most attention seeking vain MHK in IOM history - I hope Swordfish contacts you Rob because as his constituent Rep you are obliged to help him....................

I won’t be doing that for the reasons already set out below. I’d rather this thread just went away of be honest. I’ve had the advice I initially sought. 

2 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

I won’t be doing that for the reasons already set out below. I’d rather this thread just went away of be honest. I’ve had the advice I initially sought. 

Good luck Old Boy - I hope Rob Callster MHK BBC TSB 4WD KFC (not TT not allowed) apologises in the manner of the man he publicly tries to pretend he is..........

• Like 3

It seems to me, reading this thread from the beginning, that Swordfish’s entire purpose was to bring up the ancient case of Rob Callister’s land dispute with his own neighbour. Beginning with a link to past judgements and then mentioning the case specifically. And as an added bonus he even got to engage with JW.

I’m no fan of the Onchan MHK but I believe that he is right to call out Swordfish for trolling. And in this case the troll seemed to win - and even managed to pose as rising above it all and bank a few likes. I don’t believe that Swordfish has a land dispute at all.

TV / movie actor avatar and a username based on an obscure TV series or movie. We’ve never seen that anywhere before right? Thank goodness the new registration system is working so well. Right? (Swordfish is a movie about cyberspace and security checks etc)

Edited by pongo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, pongo said:

It seems to me, reading this thread from the beginning, that Swordfish’s entire purpose was to bring up the ancient case of Rob Callister’s land dispute with his own neighbour. Beginning with a link to past judgements and then mentioning the case specifically. And as an added bonus he even got to engage with JW.

I’m no fan of the Onchan MHK but I believe that he is right to call out Swordfish for trolling. And in this case the troll seemed to win - and even managed to pose as rising above it all and bank a few likes. I don’t believe that Swordfish has a land dispute at all.

TV / movie actor avatar and a username based on an obscure TV series or movie. We’ve never seen that anywhere before right? Thank goodness the new registration system is working so well. Right? (Swordfish is a movie about cyberspace and security checks etc)

It seems to be awfully complicated posting on here. What are the rules as i did a sweep yesterday and it would seem that everyone who posts anything that might look unfavorable against Rob Callister gets criticized and then often banned. Is he one of the mods on this Forum? I’d just like to know what the ground rules are as clearly I have inadvertently stumbled down some strange rabbit hole very early on with this thread. Am I supposed to apologise to Callister for the fact that he attacked me and then made a series of aggressive and unjustified posts in reponse to the links that I found in Turrican iI’s post? I have no idea who Turrican II is either just to be clear and they posted the original link not me. For reference Swordfish is a favorite film of mine. Can I ask is there also some sort of law about what name/avatar to use as well as rules here do seem to be awfully complex? My real name is clear to the Mods from my email address so can be verified. 

Thank you to John Wright for answering my post in the way I was asking for assistance. All I was looking for was some pointers before I burned even more of my cash on lawyers fees. 

Edited by Swordfish
  • Like 4

I wouldn’t worry about it Sword Fish; you will learn very quickly that every time that name is mentioned on here the forum goes into a total meltdown quite quickly afterwards. It’s comical really. You found some true information that lots of people were already aware of. The Judges summary in throwing the claim out is actually quite enlightening if you have half an hour spare. Indeed it might explain some of the anger being misdirected at you above. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pongo said:

Now that's an opinion:lol: but forgive me for thinking that you may be a fan of the Onchan MP.

I have no reason to disbelieve that "Swordfish" has a land dispute with a neighbour but we are all entitled to an opinion .

Land disputes are , in my experience,  relatively common, sometimes based on a genuine misunderstanding others  not so.

What is apparently not in dispute is that Rob was involved in a land dispute , which is a matter of public record ,and would appear to be a bit miffed that it has been brought to the attention of folk on this site presumably because it may not display him in a good light  (TBH I haven't read the  entire relevant document ).

Given he is an MHK some may feel it relevant,  to form an opinion on the man, and to be aware of his past and present history , in order to determine if they think him a suitable candidate to vote for in the future.

As previously posted Rob is not my MHK and my comments are not a personal  attack him , TBH  I am of the opinion that we are all motivated by self interest and politicians in general are up there in the top percentage:lol:.

If the basis for calling 'Swordfish' a troll is based on  his username  then perhaps the name  "Pongo" reminds me of a hapless character in a Jeaves  story , and a name given to an unfortunate child at my school who had some personal hygiene problems :D. ......... Just saying:flowers:

Edited by paswt
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, pongo said:

Why, how? Surely a wild assumption.

Swordfish mentioned a land dispute and no mention of Rob C. I am happy to accept that Rob C made an innocent error in thinking that Swordfish was Rob C's neighbour but how would Swordfish know that Rob C would make this assumption and that someone else would provide a court listing that included Rob C's earlier dispute?

This is either a storm in a teacup or a very contrived conspiracy.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Phillip Dearden said:

Why, how? Surely a wild assumption. Swordfish mentioned a land dispute and no mention of Rob C.

Rob Callister did not post until after ** linked to judgments about Rob Callister.

I very much doubt that I am wrong.  I have called ** every time previously and this is an archetypal ** thread. It ticks all the boxes.

• Haha 2