Jump to content

Mere Child Becomes Health Minister


Donald Trumps
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Max Power said:

Unfortunately I am told that one of the senior surgeons has had enough of working for a bunch of clowns and is off, which is a shame as I am under him at present!

I see Ashford has now come out (after how many weeks in the job?) and said that the cost savings he promised at the start of his Ministerial career (ie, a few weeks ago) haven’t been as easy to identify and probably won’t be found. This man is lining up to be one if the best bullshit artists going. He’s been in the job literally a few weeks and is already backtracking on most of what he has said. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I see Ashford has now come out (after how many weeks in the job?) and said that the cost savings he promised at the start of his Ministerial career (ie, a few weeks ago) haven’t been as easy to identify and probably won’t be found. This man is lining up to be one if the best bullshit artists going. He’s been in the job literally a few weeks and is already backtracking on most of what he has said. 

Chief Minister in waiting then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

How can this possibly be when the Dept of Health features amongst its mandarins the greatest Financial guru that some say the Island has ever been blessed and bestowed with? And whom was moved to said Dept with the very aim of sorting out the finances?

Well, was he moved for that reason? It may have been claimed so at the time (I don’t remember) but there are those who say it was simply because his relationship with then Treasury Minister Eddie Teare had sunk so low that there was a chance they would come to blows if they were in the same room.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Well, was he moved for that reason? It may have been claimed so at the time (I don’t remember) but there are those who say it was simply because his relationship with then Treasury Minister Eddie Teare had sunk so low that there was a chance they would come to blows if they were in the same room.

Well that would actually make it worth watching a sitting....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The rumour was that Eddie wanted to sack Malcolm and Malcolm was ready to walk, but couldn’t get a job fast enough in the private sector. Also there are only so many ceo’s Yo7 can lose at any one time...

so he was moved in to health.  

It needs a fundamental rethink of health provision on island, essentially move to a private model, turn the hospital into a minor injuries clinic with an a and e an£ all specialist stuff to U.K. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gettafa said:

If you are talking about finances, let's just get this clear can we:

5aa3b410bf3b9_120kchewinggummachine01.jpg.84c0933a976e9de494f42d413a2e4027.jpg

It's good for attracting and gathering dust in the corner of the Corpy workshop though, apparently. A "basic" rotary pressure washer (which is essentially what it looks like it started life as) can be found on ebay for @ £400.

Edited by Non-Believer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Uhtred said:

That’s probably the Royal “We” but it might be the “We, the desperately inexperienced political team that fat boy Quayle has seen fit to lead the Health Department”.

My deliciously gossipy GP tells me that “bad to worse” underplays events at our hospital lately. Not that that is terribly good news for me or many others as I seem to be needing their services increasingly of late.

Given Cannan’s passionate and vocal arguments in favour of the great health review, and Tynwald’s willing support, does anyone else think that it’s gone strangely quiet and underground?

They're preparing their assault on our free Manx NHS so they can put more cash towards the great project of making 'The Bloat' the greatest example of self-serving government in the known universe

Such is it's size & remarkable absurdity, I believe if features in the new series of 'Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy' on BBC Radio 4

Edited by Donald Trumps
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ptarmigan said:

The rumour was that Eddie wanted to sack Malcolm and Malcolm was ready to walk, but couldn’t get a job fast enough in the private sector. Also there are only so many ceo’s Yo7 can lose at any one time...

so he was moved in to health

I don’t dispute that at all ptarmy but what possible reason would Teare have for wanting to sack Couch, who was generally acknowledged as a good Chief Financial Officer (I think that’s what the head civil servant in Treasury is called). 

Actually...I’ll offer an answer to my own question...Teare always came across as a overly self-confident bloody know-all so probably wasn’t thrilled when Couch no doubt pointed out flaws in Teare’s various proposals. So get rid. 

Of course, we know for certain that Beecroft also tried the same stunt with Couch. Looks as though the good doctor had a knack for pissing off his Ministers. Probably because he has more brains than them in his big toe and had no difficulty in illustrating the stupid policies they wanted to pursue. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ptarmigan said:

It needs a fundamental rethink of health provision on island, essentially move to a private model, turn the hospital into a minor injuries clinic with an a and e an£ all specialist stuff to U.K. 

2

That is the only model that will work with a population our size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...