Mere Child Becomes Health Minister

Donald Trumps

16 minutes ago, P.K. said:

OK so he's a pencil-head.

Now what "Experience" does he bring to the role? 

NB : going to the doctor doesn't count.....

I don't think his lack of experience will be a problem, because he can always call on the experience and expertise of a recently retired police officer.

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

OK so he's a pencil-head.

Now what "Experience" does he bring to the role? 

NB : going to the doctor doesn't count.....

What experience do you need? 

Its fairly simple, get rid of the layers of bureaucracy, layers of management. Reinvigorate the nursing staff, redistribute funds. Introduce euthanasia. Increase prescription charges, remove the consumer from reordering medicine, to be done digitally. 

There's a few on the top of my head whilst sitting in my y-fronts eating a can of cold beans. 

It ain't difficult. 

Oh and show some fucking balls to the public and to CM. This is my patch, I'll deal with it. 

5 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Jesus you lot! Who exactly do you want in that role? David is probably the best choice for it right now and he lives and breathes politics, unlike you whiny bunch who sit on your couch and moan all day. Give him a chance, ey.

You two would have made a cracking double act, Count Duckula and Dr. Von Goosewing. 

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

What experience do you need? 

Its fairly simple, get rid of the layers of bureaucracy, layers of management. Reinvigorate the nursing staff, redistribute funds. Introduce euthanasia. Increase prescription charges, remove the consumer from reordering medicine, to be done digitally. 

There's a few on the top of my head whilst sitting in my y-fronts eating a can of cold beans. 

It ain't difficult. 

Oh and show some fucking balls to the public and to CM. This is my patch, I'll deal with it. 

Leadership.

Vision.

Empathy

Can communicate to all levels.

Ability to motivate to all levels

Able to build trust

Flexible

Dynamic

Not afraid to make decisions

Can assimilate complex data

Ability to listen

Open to new ideas

Not a bullshitter

Who needs y-fronts...?

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Max Power said:

Unfortunately I think Ashford is dedicated to cuts and not to management efficiencies through positive involvement of management and staff. It won’t end well if this is the case!

If so, that will be his undoing, as it was for Beecroft.

The electorate need to be onside here. They were not with Beecroft.

Much outside of the box thinking is required here, an analysis of management levels and processes,  reduction of waste, better procurement, and possibly deals with UK hospitals, perhaps even creating, say, a well staffed and top of the range centre of excellence for cancer, heart, bone or teansplant treatments, the deal being in exchange we send more patients for far more standard treatments in a number of areas in exchange for accepting hard to treat cases from the UK.

Analysis is key. We expect this tiny hospital to cover all angles. That is unrealistic.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, homarus said:
On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, Donald Trumps said:

Ashford is telling us on the national broadcaster that it is seeing where the money is spent that is most important

Myself, I'd have thought it would be building a credible leadership position as Minister & ensuring you have support of management, staff, users & taxpayers in taking our NHS forward

Sounds like he's got his finger on the pulse!

I know that the Laundry dept up there had been requesting 2 new industrial washing machines as the old ones are on their last legs , a reasonable enough request you would think especially with all the health implications!

They got 2 new vans which were not asked for!!

That is incorrect, I can assure you.:)