General Election 2021

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Asking for a friend.

But do you think the general public get that? It seems uber parochial as it stands. 

I think if you have a record of working in the community then it doesn't really matter where you live

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll be fine.

How do you mean? Looks like overall the island did very well out of venturing into films?

Buster has announced on his facebook site that he is standing in Douglas South.  God I hope he gets in. 

I won't be signifying my acceptance of this undemocratic charade by voting. Its pointless anyway. If, however, you wish to trudge along to your poll station, I suggest that the best and most interesting outcome would arise if nobody voted for an incumbent.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, joebean said:

I won't be signifying my acceptance of this undemocratic charade by voting. 

It's a whole lot more undemocratic when you trudge along to your polling station and find someone has used your vote already...

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, joebean said:

. If, however, you wish to trudge along to your poll station, I suggest that the best and most interesting outcome would arise if nobody voted for an incumbent.

I generally take this approach, although you are left wondering a little while later 'what the hell did i do that for?'. Yes Jason, I'm talking about you.

• Haha 4
On 5/11/2020 at 2:18 PM, Donald Trumps said:

I've had one of those 'Intouch' leaflets from the Baron, nothing from Harmer

Harmer is self isolating so deeply he’s rumoured to be in the caves of Tora Bora sitting on one of Bin Laden’s old deck chairs. I don’t think there is any way on earth that he will get back in after the destruction wreaked on the prom. In fact Tora Bora probably currently has a nicer promenade. 

Edited by Southfork
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Southfork said:

Harmer is self isolating so deeply he’s rumoured to be in the caves of Tora Bora sitting on of Bin Laden’s old deck chairs. I don’t think there is any way on earth that he will get back in after the destruction wreaked on the prom. In fact Tora Bora probably currently has a nicer promenade. 

Beautifully appointed the caves in Tora Bora, I've just been reading about them

Trouble is, Peel Commissioners are pretty good in getting stuff done & people don't really bother with their Keys elected members

Might change if, say, a Green Party candidate contested the poll but otherwise Boot & Harmer will get back in

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Beautifully appointed the caves in Tora Bora, I've just been reading about them

Trouble is, Peel Commissioners are pretty good in getting stuff done & people don't really bother with their Keys elected members

Might change if, say, a Green Party candidate contested the poll but otherwise Boot & Harmer will get back in

Way to ruin everybody's evening...

• Haha 1

I would vote for David Ashford again at the drop of a hat. He is doing a great job and is nobody’s fool or stooge.

I would also vote HQ back in even though I don’t like him. He was never up to the job, but has learned loads lately and will be a better man for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Southfork said:

Harmer is self isolating so deeply he’s rumoured to be in the caves of Tora Bora sitting on one of Bin Laden’s old deck chairs. I don’t think there is any way on earth that he will get back in after the destruction wreaked on the prom. In fact Tora Bora probably currently has a nicer promenade. 

Harmer just wants to Get the Prom Done. CoMin probably asked him to say that phrase over and over again today because if he were to say anything else he'd just becomes a mumbling mess. Ad-libbing is not his strong point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am just waiting for the 2021 elections being postponed to a date to be set as and when the present incumbents decide. Due to unparalleled circumstances and under emergency powers, till I have feathered my nest and swept as much shite under carpet as humanly possible. All bow down and worship at our feet for saving the common person. Amen

• Like 1